Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

GT4 Prices coming down a little?

7K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Seinsmeld13 
#1 ·
I've been offered a slot by dealer to get a new GT4. So I was just perusing the current 2016 GT4s in their inventory and for the first time, there is one for under $100k. It also has less than 6k on the odometer. Maybe the new GT4 coming with a 4L is starting to have an impact on the current values?

I was at Rd Atlanta on Sunday and there were several GT4s on the track looking and sounding good. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd prefer to have one with PDK. We also had two new GT3 owners in our group and they both felt the same way.

#2 ·
What were you driving? I was there in the Sapphire Blue GT4. Talked to several other GT4 guys. It was like the cat-that-ate-the-canary society. Not much talk about what could make one better. I just saw a new listing for a loaded one at $130k. The 4L is still a ways away at best. If it comes to pass, that will likely drop the prices of the 2016 some, although who knows what the sticker on the new one will be? If you want a new one with PDK, I hope you get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Sorry to reply late. This was a busy week: my daughter got married yesterday. I was in my black Cayman S.

#7 ·
Hope you don’t have to sell the car to pay for the wedding. I definitely remember your car. The run group was so small that I could still identify most cars probably. It seems the turnout for the PCA DE’s is in pretty steady decline. A worrisome trend for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I notice that forum members track at Road Atlanta quite a bit but yet I don't seem to see them at all at the track when I go. I don't do PCA days that might be it. I usually go with Just Track It. They are a bunch of cool guys and their prices are very reasonable too!! I would dearly love to meet more forum-ers at these track events !! :)

#9 · (Edited)
You are probably correct. It was a PCA day and there was also a 2-day DE event. They told us about their new 1 or 2 day DE program and while I can't remember the price, it was VERY attractive. Rd Atlanta is probably taking a hit from Atlanta Motorsports Park too. I used to track my Lotus at RD ATL and I'm partial to the track since it is sooo big and fast. A Lotus gets its doors blown off on the straights but it was always fun and still is.

Then there is Porsche Experience CTR. I don't think PEC is really hurting Rd Atlanta (different crowd) but I have been down there twice. You do get to drive one of Porsches GT3s for 1.5hrs with an instructor for $900. But, driving your own car at Rd ATL is less money (unless you make a mistake) and you get a real 2.5 mile road racing circuit.

This has to be the best crash caught on tape at Rd Atlanta and it is a Porsche:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTSdaILo4L4

#10 ·
Holy cow that GT1 accident!!!! Lot like the CLK GTR crashes that Marc Webber experienced twice in his career if I remember correctly!

Yeah I think 220 or something is what I paid for at AMP. Forgetting what I paid at Road ATL. I am partial to Road ATL because it's a power circuit and its technical at the same time! Love it. Epic rush!

#11 ·
That was a terrible crash, thankfully the driver appeared to be uninjured. If I were in need of another car I would buy a new GT4 if it ever comes out. Maybe I'll buy one to flip as I can't get taxed for that assumable profit. I love my 16 GT4 and would not change anything about it. More HP is always good.

#13 ·
That's about the average high-side asking price, but a quick search on cars.com shows 13 GT4s at less than $90,000. Clearly a couple are salvage and/or have stories, but I'd say low $90's would be a realistic take-home price for a GT4 now.

#14 ·
I'd sell mine for $90,000 US any day. Your dollar would convert to $100,819 CDN which is what I paid for the car. I wish there was a comfort mode for the transmission as it was a little too rough for a long ride home after a Bruins playoff game. At least they won the game.

#15 ·
You'd be laughing selling at $90k US...at today's mid-market rates that would be $121k Canadian. Actual conversion rates would depend on how your banking relationships are structured.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.