Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I saw people posting about this somewhere, but I can't find it now....

The left wing support is lifting off of the trunk lid slightly on the left side such that I can see what looks like foam underneath. Has anyone tried to address this themselves? It's not clear to me without taking it apart what the issue is. Is it an adhesive issue, loose fasteners or just a bad fit to the curvature of the trunk lid? I'd ask the dealer to take care of it if I had something more major to bring it in for. But if it's an easy fix, I wouldn't mind doing it myself, so I'm curious what others have done. Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a pic?
Here are some. The flash makes it a bit more obvious than it really is in person I think. It's not so noticeable from most normal viewing angles, but it's very obvious when you're looking at it when the trunk is opening/closing.

DSC_0269.JPG DSC_0270.JPG DSC_0271.JPG

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Just push it back down..
Wouldn't it just pop back up? It looks like the side edge of the hatch has a black plastic cover that can be removed to access the nuts/fasteners for the wing strut, perhaps looking in there will shed some light on whether or not a fastener/nut is loose and needs tightened...

·
PCA Member & National DE Instructor
63 Posts
I saw the same issue (also driver's side) on a GT4 that was being PDI'd. It looked like it was an adhesive issue wherein the two-sided tape was not holding. The piece lifting is just a trim piece that hides the fasteners. Other than replacing the two-sided tape and/or applying some clear silicone, not sure what Porsche can do here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts