Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I am ordering a GT4 and want to be sure I avoid getting the ugly roof wart (IMHO).

Does anyone know if the wart is tied to the Sirius XM or the Navigation System?

Reason I ask is if you order CDR+ it comes with the High Res Screen (which I want) and Sirius XM / HD Radio.

If I skip that and order the PCM option (it comes with the High Res Screen which I want and the Navi which I do not really want) but does not come with the Sirius XM / HD Radio.

Just looking to be 100% sure I order the correct option.

thanks in advance,
- B

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Given that your cellphone has a GPS receiver and no wart and Satphones have warts, I would assume the wart is tied to the Sirius and not the GPS ;)

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the GPS antenna is located near the base of the windscreen.

The Sirius radio uses the roof wart.
Screen shot 2015-02-17 at 10.35.50 PM.png

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The only way to positively avoid the roof wart is to get the base radio only. I know the wart is definetely used for sirius. Don't know if it's used for navigation.
All,

I am ordering a GT4 and want to be sure I avoid getting the ugly roof wart (IMHO).

Does anyone know if the wart is tied to the Sirius XM or the Navigation System?

Reason I ask is if you order CDR+ it comes with the High Res Screen (which I want) and Sirius XM / HD Radio.

If I skip that and order the PCM option (it comes with the High Res Screen which I want and the Navi which I do not really want) but does not come with the Sirius XM / HD Radio.

Just looking to be 100% sure I order the correct option.

thanks in advance,
- B

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you don't want the wart, then don't order Sirus/XM. The PCM doesn't include the wart.

·
Registered
186 Posts
CDR+ will get you the roof wart, sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts