Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your help with a GT4 order!

Is the Sport Chrono Package only the timer/watch on the GT4? I noticed on the Cayman S it also includes Dynamic Transmission Mounts, Sport Plus Button, etc.

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Need your help with a GT4 order!

Is the Sport Chrono Package only the timer/watch on the GT4? I noticed on the Cayman S it also includes Dynamic Transmission Mounts, Sport Plus Button, etc.

Thanks for any help!
Yes that seems to be the case, based on the literature that is available about the GT4.

The GT4 comes with dynamic transmission mounts standard, given that it is a 6 speed manual Sport Plus doesn't make any sense. The Sport Chrono Package is as what you described, timer/watch. Instead of having a Sports Plus mode for handling you can disable PSM on the GT4.

On the 981 the Timer/Watch looks really well integrated in the dash, and I actually like the looks. That been said anyone who is serious about tracking will have a data logger off the CANBus or OBDII, measuring many parameters along with GPS data acquisition for speed, track location, various GoPro's, etc, etc.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
By all accounts the app sucks. For more info on why, its limitations, go read the GT3 stuff over on rennlist.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
From the configurator.

Sport Chrono Package incl. Porsche Track Precision App
Comprising an analog stopwatch on the dashboard, a digital stopwatch function in the instrument cluster, the Porsche Track Precision app and preparation for a lap trigger.

The Porsche Track Precision app enables your driving stats to be displayed in detail, logged and analyzed on your smartphone.

The lap timer can be stopped manually using the control stalk for the Sport Chrono function automated
by GPS or, for even greater precision, by means of the optional lap trigger available from Porsche Tequipment.

You can then compare your lap times on your smartphone. The app also visualizes driving dynamics,
presents a video analysis and allows you to manage the logs, circuit profiles and driver profiles on the smartphone device.

Note: use of the app permitted on closed land only. For information on compatible mobile phones,
please visit Official Porsche Website - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG or consult your Porsche Center.
Notes: additional performance display on integrated 7-inch color touchscreen in conjunction with Porsche Communication Management (PCM).

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Does that mean the GT4 comes standard with rev matching and the sport + button then?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does that mean the GT4 comes standard with rev matching and the sport + button then?
No sport+ button, but the sport button enables the rev matching. That is standard.

I'm getting the sport chrono only because I like the way the clock looks there, and I don't like the prominence of the hazards and lock button sitting alone that high on the dash if you don't get the clock.

In other words, Porsche is ripping me off for a $50 clock and I'm just going to like it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
In other words, Porsche is ripping me off for a $50 clock and I'm just going to like it.

What! No selfie smiling while you get the Apple treatment.

:hilarious:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm getting the sport chrono only because I like the way the clock looks there, and I don't like the prominence of the hazards and lock button sitting alone that high on the dash if you don't get the clock.
Seems those buttons aren't as high without the clock.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Seems those buttons aren't as high without the clock.

I mean above the centerline of the dash. That bothered me in a cayman loaner I had.

Silly little thing. I would recommend that 99% of people not get this feature in the GT4 probably. But mine will have it.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
In one of the GT4 articles that Ken's spam... mean article bots has been forwarding, it is mentioned that it adds an additional ECU for measuring more telemetry. Now I don't know if it is really an ECU or just additional sensors. And it looks they finally address the issue of the current SportsChrono laptimer to add an external trigger. Now I hope the range and responsiveness of the trigger is large enough to connect at high speed on a wide track.

I am still debating. If I can get the face in racing yellow, I probably will get it. One because I like the look, second because I love gadgets.

Now is the G-force meter standard? Back to the configurator :hilarious:

·
Registered
245 Posts
But...? Without the clock the buttons look lined up with the tach. Looks like they're right on the centerline of the dash to me.
OK, poor choice of words again. Whatever the big stripe is across the dash that comes in Al or CF. Most of the buttons of the car are below that belt.

Again, I have no rational reason why this matters. But it just bothers me. So my little issue there will cost be $1850. Oh well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What bothers me most is how they can charge the same price for SCP on the GT4 as the regular/S Cayman and get away with offering a lot less. Leave it to Porsche.

·
Registered
23 Posts
OK, poor choice of words again. Whatever the big stripe is across the dash that comes in Al or CF. Most of the buttons of the car are below that belt.

Again, I have no rational reason why this matters. But it just bothers me. So my little issue there will cost be $1850. Oh well.
I'm in the same boat - just prefer the look of the dash with the chrono there.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts