Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We now have an assortment of perfect fit GT4 stripe kits available. (adding the GT4 wing in to mix) No trimming required.
Here are a few teaser photos. A GT4 specific category will be added to kistudios.com within the next few weeks, but they are available if to you call to order now.

Got a KI Studios stripe kit on your GT4? Please share your photos!

GT4 Stripe kit 008: Kit includes hood, roof, and wing.The hood stripe includes cut outs for the Porsche crest pins, for easy alignment.
KI-GT4-Stipes-008.JPG

GT4 Stripe kit 002: Includes engine size, a blank stripe (001) is also available. For trademark reasons, we can't make them say "PORSCHE".
GT4 wind end decals also shown.
KI-GT4-Stripes-002.JPG

GT4 Stripe kit 003: A 997.2 Style checker stripe kit dropped down to the rocker to go around the side vent.
A Smaller, (004) checker stripe also available.
KI-GT4-Stripes-003.JPG

GT4 Stripe kit 006: A 1 color double stripe for the hood, roof, and wing.
KI-GT4-Stripes-006.JPG

GT4 Stripe kit 007: 2 color Stripe kit. Shown in matte platinum grey with gloss black accents.
KI Studios GT4-4.jpg

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Looks nice, do you have any higher contrast photos of the side stripe that ends in the checkered flag on say a white or yellow car?

Also it might be kind of cool to have those vertical pieces (the ones you made red in one photo) on the rear wing have a custom script on them or something... like GT4 or 3.8 or whatever...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks nice, do you have any higher contrast photos of the side stripe that ends in the checkered flag on say a white or yellow car?

Also it might be kind of cool to have those vertical pieces (the ones you made red in one photo) on the rear wing have a custom script on them or something... like GT4 or 3.8 or whatever...
Are you getting Yellow again? I think we will have to wait for you to put your decals on for photos on a yellow car. :p
I pretty much simplified the whole website by sticking to engine sizes, or just removing text from decals all together to keep Porsche happy, and streamline production.
I'll be posting more photos as I get them.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I think this is a cool idea for a thread. Will be interesting how many people have striped/decaled their car. I have not, but watching this...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a GT4 project we did last week for our friend Peter at Vorsteiner.

I designed it to look similar to the GT4 Clubsport livery, but using the Vorsteiner V logo for the graphics. We installed it at our Protective Film Solutions location in Santa Ana CA. Turned out awesome. Will post professional photos soon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455991382.521036.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455991409.031568.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455991689.078963.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Sprinsteen fanatic
452 Posts
I like that 'checkered' look because it reminds me of the GT3 checkering. Would be cool to go over the rear fender. Would this also work on a CGTS or only a GT4?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like that 'checkered' look because it reminds me of the GT3 checkering. Would be cool to go over the rear fender. Would this also work on a CGTS or only a GT4?
The side stripes are the same for the GTS and GT4. The main difference as far as the stripes are concerned, is the rear wing on the GT4. 981 Cayman / S / GTS stripe options here:
Porsche 981 Cayman Stripes Archives - KI Studios

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here is a GT4 project we did last week for our friend Peter at Vorsteiner.

I designed it to look similar to the GT4 Clubsport livery, but using the Vorsteiner V logo for the graphics. We installed it at our Protective Film Solutions location in Santa Ana CA. Turned out awesome. Will post professional photos soon.

View attachment 73186
View attachment 73194

View attachment 73202

Looks cool, without the V logo lol, do you have an renders of the GT4 Race car livery on white?

JP

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No but here is another shot of the Vorsteiner GT4 by Ted7. :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456375627.421480.jpg

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
GT4 Stripes & Decal photos

Here is something in the works that I have had a lot of requests for. A 911R style stripe kit for the 981.

I always design kits on the car my self, to make sure they fit before selling them online. Here we have a Cayman S with a GT4 bumper and side vents, and A tech art rear wing.

I think the test fit turned out awesome. I made templates, and will be creating a perfect fit kit to add to The GT4 stripes section of The KI Studios website in the near future.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: GT4 Stripes & Decal photos

Here is something in the works that I have had a lot of requests for. A 911R style stripe kit for the 981.

I always design kits on the car my self, to make sure they fit before selling them online. Here we have a Cayman S with a GT4 bumper and side vents, and A tech art rear wing.

I think the test fit turned out awesome. I made templates, and will be creating a perfect fit kit to add to The GT4 stripes section of The KI Studios website in the near future.

Man, those stripes look good! Question...why the 3.4 and not 3.8?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Re: GT4 Stripes & Decal photos

I have ordered the GT4 red stripe with silver border & was kinda surprised to receive 2 stripes having to overlay the silver one with red, isnt that going to make the alignment difficult ?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts