Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I felt it was time to update all of you on our GT4 style side scoops for 987 Caymans. We have sold around thirty sets of these beautiful and effective side scoops over the last 6 months all over the US, EU, South Africa and Asia. These scoops are made of FRP in either high gloss white or black gel coat and can either be applied as is or painted to match your paint code. These scoops are mounted with a patented 3M molding tape and 2 plastic push nuts. (included) They are actively run on numerous track and race cars and have been tested to 160mph. Like the GT4 they effectively provide a ram air effect (plus 4 hp at 62 mph) for your intake and more cooling air for your oil cooler. Our PCA price is $429 plus freight and we can have them painted for you for between $150 and $170 depending on color. They are a perfect match of our GT4 wing, GT3 cup style splitter and GT3 smile grill.

Jon May
Composite Concepts
[email protected]
954 931 0319

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar
Vehicle door White Automotive design Car Vehicle
Vehicle door Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Supercar
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hello,
I like your side air scoop concept.
Would you consider selling just the left, driver side, air scoop as this is the side that feeds air to the engine on a 987?
The right side feeds air into the engine compartment for cooling.
Please review and advise.
Thank you,
Jim
B C Velocity Exhaust

·
Vendor
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
I like your side air scoop concept.
Would you consider selling just the left, driver side, air scoop as this is the side that feeds air to the engine on a 987?
The right side feeds air into the engine compartment for cooling.
Please review and advise.
Thank you,
Jim
B C Velocity Exhaust
Hi Jim, I have never had that request before because you do get additional cooling on the Passenger side but sure we would entertain selling just the Drivers side scoop. The price would be $225 plus freight of about $10. Sal is moving his shop right now so it will be about two weeks before we can make it. Let me know what you want to do and whether you want it in white or black gel coat. We will include all mounting hardware.

Jon
Composite Concepts
[email protected]
954 931 0319

·
Porschiste
1,445 Posts
Jon....are these your scoops on this 450 bhp modified Cayman S with a 3.8L 997 engine in it?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design

·
Registered
371 Posts
They certainly are our scoops. Gorgeous and we now have them for 981's as well

Jon
Composite Concepts
[email protected]
954 931 0319
That’s M’s Machine Works Cayman out of Japan and I’ve been following these guys for a while now. The side scoops on the M’s Machine Works Cayman have been on the car for some time now, probably for about 3 years. I believe M’s Machine Works produce their own body work including the side scoops...

·
Vendor
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s M’s Machine Works Cayman out of Japan and I’ve been following these guys for a while now. The side scoops on the M’s Machine Works Cayman have been on the car for some time now, probably for about 3 years. I believe M’s Machine Works produce their own body work including the side scoops...
We have been making our 987 scoops for over two years and to my knowledge we are the only ones making and selling side scoops for 987's. I honestly thought this was a car one of customers was building and we supplied scoops for in the UK. I could be wrong it sounds like dkky996 knows the car. I appreciate they may be one off customs but they sure look like our scoops. Nice car.

Jon
Composite Concepts
[email protected]
954 931 0319

·
Vendor
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have made over 500 sets of these with about half going on race/track cars. If you use our patented attachment mechanism they have and will last a lifetime. My set have been on for 4 years and look new today.

Jon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.