Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

13K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  tlaritz 
#1 ·
I thought it might be beneficial to GT4 owners and enthusiasts to start a GT4 specific track tuning configuration WIKI where members can all edit the same topic post and include their own setting and experiences trying to get the best performance out of their GT4 on track, in an autocross, etc. I will create some initial headings but if you feel like there should be more headings then feel free to add them and we can all work to build them out as appropriate.

Front Suspension Settings
- Example what degree of camber are you running
- Example what setting is your front sway bar at
- Next item, etc.

Rear Suspension Settings
- Example rear sway bar setting
- Example rear toe setting
- Next item, etc.

Wheel Choices
- Example ABC Wheel 19" approx. wheel weight 20lb Front / 25lb Rear

Tire Choices
- Example Goodyear 20" Volcano R compound inflated to 35psi front 38psi rear
- Example Pirelli 19" SuperDuper Sticky Slicks inflated to 32pst front 30psi rear shaved 2mm heat cycled

Brake Tuning
- Example Putrid Yellow Pads front, Racing Red pads rear
- Example Titanium Shims
- Example Super Sweet Red brake fluid

ECU Tuning
- Example XYZ Super Tune Stage 1 on 94 octane gas

Exhaust Tuning
- Example Fabulous Speed Headers and catback with valves set to open at 3000 rpm

Misc / Other
- Example Shrek Harness 6pt
- Other Misc

MEASURED Results
- Example: Changed front bar to setting 3 and was consistently 3 seconds per lap faster at VIR turning a 1:57 instead of 2:00
- Example: Switched to Putrid Yellow Pads and 60-0 stopping distance dropped by 3.4 feet average of 5 runs.
- Example: Switched to P-Sub-Zero R compound tires and according to car G Meter turn 3 at Laguna Seca went from 1.14 to 1.21 G's max over 10 laps of testing

General Comments
General comments about your setup, changes you made, results measured, etc. Anything else you want to fill in to better explain what you tried at the track or autox to improve your lap times, etc.

See less See more
#5 ·
Ken,
Since many set their car up track specific, can you please add a header that includes home track info and also mods that deviate from the home course for other tracks? Thanks

#6 ·
Since it is a Wiki topic, anyone can edit it and add headers, however, I would think people would simply do multiple line items under existing topics, for example if they had different suspension settings something like this:

Person X - Track Y - Front Sway Bar set to position 2
Person X - Track Z - Front Sway Bar set to position 1
etc.

But I'm not opposed to other ways of organizing the information so if someone has a good structure/header feel free to add it and see if people start filling it in. So far the 987 peeps are ahead of the GT4 peeps with respect to actually filling something in here. I guess no one has taken their GT4 to the track yet.... :hilarious:

#7 ·
Where do u edit? I just ordered forgeline GA1Rs 19in with Hoosier R7s 265/35/19 front 295/35/19 rear. I did a lot of reading and discussing with people and I liked this setup the best. The rear tire with a 35 profile gives the same overall diameter as stock but heard u need to extend the toe link to get the full -2.5 degree camber. Will updated everyone when they arrive and installed.

#13 ·
Ok here's what I've done so far:
Cantrel roll bar
Schroth belts
Giro disc front rotors (they don't make the rears yet)
Pagid yellow pads
Steel brake lines
Forgeline GA1Rs 19in running Hoosier A7s.

The rims were a tight fit the shop that did the work ordered the RSS toe link but said it made no difference in terms of adding more clearance vs stock so I went with a more low profile toe link. I can't remember the name but I'll get it. And that gave around 3mm of clearance.

For anyone who has the LWB seats some fabrication has to be done to get the sub strap, the driver seat is precut but not the passenger seat.

I can post the alignment stats if anyone cares, I'll be taking the car to NJMP in the next few weeks.

#14 ·
I can post the alignment stats if anyone cares....
Can you post the source/brand for the pads and brake lines, and the alignment stats?

#15 · (Edited)
I didn't want to start a new thread so I am putting this here.

I love the honkin GT4 in this video: https://youtu.be/ULIuS_wO6o0 I'm lovin this!!

I might have to rethink my bias against GT4s - that they have no sunroof, no Bose, no ventilated seats, no parking sensors, etc.

For those of u who have ventilated seats in other models, how often do u use them in hot weather? I use my seat ventilation in my 2015 C2S in FL in the winter and in Chicagoland in the summer, so was think they are a necessity.

But u know me - I always need a good deal and this GT4 version might b pricey...
But u got to love the GT4 in this video!!!

#16 · (Edited)
What suspension settings are owner selectable, without the aid of an alignment rack? I am new to the GT4. I know the front and rear bars' stiffness can be set by the owner. Are there other parameters which the owner can select without an alignment rack? The dealer is certifying my new (to me) 2016 GT4 as a CPO vehicle, and I'd like them to set the owner-selectable suspension settings to nice, safe factory settings. Thanks for your patience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.