Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the official Porsche build sheet with the "V070 - Order demand released for order" code. Mean anything?

·
Registered
71 Posts
subbed for more info

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
If you have a commission number, then you have an allocation. Nobody has an allocation today so if you got a commission number, you are very lucky good for you. I believe it means the dealer has entered the build in the Porsche internal system. It does not mean you are getting a car. It does mean, likely, they are checking true demand.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have a commission number, then you have an allocation. Nobody has an allocation today so if you got a commission number, you are very lucky good for you. I believe it means the dealer has entered the build in the Porsche internal system. It does not mean you are getting a car. It does mean, likely, they are checking true demand.
I have a commission number on the sheet I received, though I'm not convinced I have an allocation.

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
I have a commission number on the sheet I received, though I'm not convinced I have an allocation.
I do not believe the dealers have allocations yet, simply because the date for the 918 buyers has not yet passed and I have heard this from a dealer.

That said, a commission number is an excellent sign. Maybe the dealer will not have enough allocations in the end, but looks like you are getting close.

edit. I think I said this wrong. I do not believe dealers have any allocations yet. The fact you have a commission number, IMO, is a good sign. So its getting confusing, at least to me, because commission number, i think, were tied to allocated cars. So I'll leave this to a dealer to explain what is going on because who knows what is going on. Not me ... sorry. I might have mispoke about my understanding of their internal system.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not believe the dealers have allocations yet, simply because the date for the 918 buyers has not yet passed and I have heard this from a dealer.

That said, a commission number is an excellent sign. Maybe the dealer will not have enough allocations in the end, but looks like you are getting close.

edit. I think I said this wrong. I do not believe dealers have any allocations yet. The fact you have a commission number, IMO, is a good sign. So its getting confusing, at least to me, because commission number, i think, were tied to allocated cars. So I'll leave this to a dealer to explain what is going on because who knows what is going on. Not me ... sorry. I might have mispoke about my understanding of their internal system.
Maybe i'm one of those 918 owners =):hilarious:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just received the official Porsche build sheet with the "V070 - Order demand released for order" code. Mean anything?
That doesn't mean anything. We are all still waiting for an allocation. I got one of those from the dealer when I got in line for the GT4.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Dealers expect to get allocations shortly before Geneva (within the next two weeks). So it could be any day or another 2 weeks out.

My dealer told me though that Porsche did ask them for their wait list (not sure if just the numbers or also names) and I think they want to make sure that they allocate fairly and eliminate double and triple wait-listers.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Dealers expect to get allocations shortly before Geneva (within the next two weeks). So it could be any day or another 2 weeks out.

My dealer told me though that Porsche did ask them for their wait list (not sure if just the numbers or also names) and I think they want to make sure that they allocate fairly and eliminate double and triple wait-listers.
Seems like they are reading P9. Lol. This forum must be a great intel spot for them!

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
BTW, Sonnen has explicitly spelled this out. So I guess we all know now. There are no allocations until the end of the month (and I have been told this too). Data is being entered into the system, as Mike mentioned above, to apparently weed out the people who are making deposits at multiple dealerships. PCNA knows very well that people are playing both ends against the middle, and hence need to weed out the perceived demand from the true demand. But if names and a spec are physically entered into the computer, then those duplicates can be sorted out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BTW, Sonnen has explicitly spelled this out. So I guess we all know now. There are no allocations until the end of the month (and I have been told this too). Data is being entered into the system, as Mike mentioned above, to apparently weed out the people who are making deposits at multiple dealerships. PCNA knows very well that people are playing both ends against the middle, and hence need to weed out the perceived demand from the true demand. But if names and a spec are physically entered into the computer, then those duplicates can be sorted out.
Good info, and what they are doing makes a lot of sense.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Also, if left unchecked, dealers would probably all claim they have a waiting list of 50 people. :D I'd do the same thing!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
More BS. You know some people buy one to drive and one to collect. Not unusual for higher end cars and the gt4 is such a steal for under $100k!
If you're collecting you can wait a few months to have another one. Priority should go to the folks that want to drive rather than store in their garage as a pure investment.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts