Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 987.2 Cayman 2009 2.9L PDK,
will the new cayman gt4 wheels fit on my car??
do I need spacer for that?? thank you so much!!

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
They "should" fit, but since no one has extra GT4 wheels laying around to try at the moment to be certain, I would want to verify that is truly the case before purchasing a set. 2009 Caymans can handle that size of a wheel, but given the suspension geometry changes on the GT4 and any 987 to 981 wheel well differences I would want to test first to be sure.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The fronts are only 10mm wider than stock while the rears are 30mm wider. Unless the offsets of the front changed significantaly, they should fit without much problem.

I don't know how much inboard suspension clearance we have in the back of these cars, but you would need an extra 20mm of inboard clearance in the rear to make them fit (rears start to rub at +15mm toward the fender side, assume you're safe at +10mm).

Short answer is that it would be a very tight fit, if it's possible at all. It would also depend on whether you were willing to roll the rear fender tab or run undersized tires to accomodate these wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for such detail answers guys, I am guessing I just have to wait for some one to try that out here!
Since I am really looking for some light weight wheels for track use, but good looking as well, the wheel price in australia are ridiculous so thats why I rather pay for suncoast or somewhere off the US
but thanks for the time guys!

·
Registered
786 Posts
We have not had a car here to test fit yet but I would say the GT4 wheel should fit on the regular Cayman but the regular Cayman wheels probably do not fit the GT4.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
GT4 wheels are $6000 from Suncoast. You can get some pretty nice wheels for that amount of money, and you'd be able to choose custom width and offset, so there'd be no doubt they fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: GT4 wheels offset

We have not had a car here to test fit yet but I would say the GT4 wheel should fit on the regular Cayman but the regular Cayman wheels probably do not fit the GT4.
Anyone know the frt and rear offset of the gt4 wheels? We have 18" and 19" wheels - 996, 997 and aftermarket wheels we can try but would be easier if we don't have to start dismounting a bunch of tires.

May try to get Kumbo 245 or 255 and 305/315 on 18's Or Hoosier 245/305's on 18's

Thanks for any info Steve

·
Registered
786 Posts
Re: GT4 wheels offset

The tire sizes you want will fit on the wheels. You would need to check clearances to make sure the tiers are going to fit without rubbing. If I can help with anything let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts