Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got the price of the rear wing of the GT4...

its 6590 dollars list.. and you have to get the duck tail.. at 789 dollars more...

i was floored... wow.. i dont think people will be ordering this..its just too steep..

Lemon

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
There will be other aftermarket companies making replicas I am sure with those prices. Glad I am not going for that look. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Since the gt4 body is reinforced to transmit the down force generated by the wing to the chassis, it doesn't make sense to add the wing to a cayman or an s regardless of price.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well at least the ducktail is somewhat more reasonably priced. I thought it was going to be as much as the sport design ducktail for the 991.

·
Registered
534 Posts
After you retrofit a GT4 bumper and wing to your GTS, you could have just bought the GT4 to begin with. Even with a couple body mods, you haven't even touched any of the real performance items (engine, suspension, brakes, steering).

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Even though I don't like the look of the GT4 wing (also don't like the look of the GT3 RS wing, even though it's integrated with the gurney flap/duck tail) I'd be more worried about the fact the rear of the 981 Cayman body had to be reinforced (redesigned actually since the shock mounts are different) to accept the downforce produced by the wing. Putting a wing that generates a couple hundred pounds of downforce on a car that's not designed for it sounds like a bad idea. Better to just buy a GT4--as said elsewhere, you get ALL the goodies for only about $20,000 more than a 981S. (Wow)

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
i just got the price of the rear wing of the GT4...

its 6590 dollars list.. and you have to get the duck tail.. at 789 dollars more...

i was floored... wow.. i dont think people will be ordering this..its just too steep..

Lemon
Roger that Lemon,

Any info yet on the new Spyder wing? That's what I am interested in for LG.

:cheers:

Reactions: subshooter

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the world of GT cars. The GT3 rear deck lid with wing is $14,453

·
Registered
798 Posts
^wow, that just sounds unnatural...a little more than a new civic...almost as much as the stainless steel hood on a Phantom...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hmmm...I'm diggin on the idea of the small ducktail spoiler without the big wing. And I could feel good about saving $6500 and "only" spending $800.

Are there any parts diagrams online to get an idea of what the install process might be?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
am gonna get the price on the side scoop tomorrow..

i also got the price on the rear diffusers for the GT4.. there is a change in the in heat shield but i can get under my competitors price... you know who.. its 4 weeks out.. so people who want it. let me know.. i was going to get an initial order of 3 sets.. and you know how fast these goes.. if you have rear sensors, forget it. dont even try to mickey it.. .

Lemon

1 - 20 of 37 Posts