Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the following indie shops?

Keltech Performance in Markham
Autobahn Motors also in Markham
Nveuromotor in - you guessed it - Markham
Harmony Road Porsche in Oshawa

Thanks for any info you can provide.

"Cay Man
" Bill

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Sorry,

I have only had experience with Pfaff and Gtek in North York. Pfaff maintained my previous 987, and Gtek did the PPI and safety when I sold her.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2005 Boxster S (ECU tune/Milltek exhaust/lowered springs/sport shifter/Euro spec)
27 Posts
Sorry,

I have only had experience with Pfaff and Gtek in North York. Pfaff maintained my previous 987, and Gtek did the PPI and safety when I sold her.

Good luck!
GTEK is a bit sketchy. Have gone there a few times, some good, but one very bad one. They called my wife and got her to authorize a major service + some other stuff on my Boxster S and the total bill was about $7k. It was the end of the season and I wasn’t planning to do that service then (better in the Spring) but it was in for a check-engine light. She panicked and said “go ahead” and when I phoned back, they already “had the car apart” and couldn’t stop the repair work. I suppose this was annoying at best, dishonest at worst, but the thing that took the cake was when I picked it up and they had charged me $495 for “convertible top adjustment”. All the top needed was some lubrication and new elastics sewn in (they were worn). The top wasn’t closing properly so I brought the car back. Gtek kept it for a week and still couldn’t seem to fix it. Took it to Pfaff and they had it done the same day. Sorry, not sorry.

Won’t go back there again, found EU Autowerks instead. Bought the car from Pfaff and have used them and also Downtown Porsche but both dealers are useless. Have picked the car up and had the work not fully completed multiple times from both - why are they so incompetent for cars that aren’t in warranty anymore (Pfaff serviced while under warranty, and it was still a big letdown). Good luck with the shops and let us know how it goes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts