Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTS on crappy 20 inch Pzeros was a full second faster around the track than my base 991 3.4 on 19 inch Yoko's AD08 tires. Although my 991 had a 3-4 mph top speed advantage I was faster with my corner entry speed in the GTS. The GTS wins in entry before the apex, but the 991 is superior at every corner exit... Enjoy the video.

Cayman GTS at NJMSP - Lightning - 1.15 lap time - YouTube

Lou

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was wodering..were you shacking that much.. or was it the gopro mount..? looks like you had a blast.

lemon
Indeed, I have this long go pro mount, but it is impossible to get tight and not shake. Sorry about the poor quality...

The GTS was better on the track than expected, but it was disappointing at the autocross... Hence the 991 GT3 front sway bar. We'll see how it works.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The GTS literally had 1,100 miles on it for this event in October and I was just learning the limits. The skinny 20 inch PZeros are the wrong wheel/tire combo for the track. I picked up some 19 inch OZ wheels with fake center locks and Hankook RS3's (245/35 305/30). My guess is that the wider/sticky rear tires will help the GTS put full power down to the ground. Hoping to pickup 2-2.5 seconds per lap with the new setup at Lightning.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks. The GTS literally had 1,100 miles on it for this event in October and I was just learning the limits. The skinny 20 inch PZeros are the wrong wheel/tire combo for the track. I picked up some 19 inch OZ wheels with fake center locks and Hankook RS3's (245/35 305/30). My guess is that the wider/sticky rear tires will help the GTS put full power down to the ground. Hoping to pickup 2-2.5 seconds per lap with the new setup at Lightning.
I was at Thunderbolt in October with my new CS Same set up and hated the PZero's. When I pushed it on the carousel, it felt like driving over a cheese grater. I've added the rear sway bar and will do the front over the winter. If you don't mind, I'm looking for a set of track wheels/tires as well. Could you post a link to what you purchased? With the rear at 305, will you have to add spacers? It was my first time in a Porsche as I learned to track in a 13 GT500 via numerous PCA events around the N.E, so it took me a good day or so to get used to the car.

Thanks so much,
Paul

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please keep us updated on the difference with the front bar (assuming you have rear bar already switched?)!
Will do. I usually only make one change at a time to isolate the impact (or lack thereof). I have not changed the rear bar. But I am actually considering disconnecting the rear bar altogether if the front bar does not have the desired effect. For some reason the 981 GTS does not want to take a set coming out of tight corners at autocross. The 911's in Super Stock can put the power down giving considerable advantage (plus extra power). First the front bar change, then adjustments to the settings, then alignment change so, then rear bar disconnect or change if needed. It's a process...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts