Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering all the people agonizing over builds, waiting for order deliveries, or worse yet, waiting on an allocation, I thought I would let y'all know that my local dealer, Porsche of Jackson (MS), has a Cayman GTS in stock. Agate gray/black, GTS Interior and Exterior pkgs, platinum satin wheels, PASM (not X73 SS unfortunately for me), and (I think) PTV. I don't know the build down to the last option but the sticker is around $94k - $95k. As of last night it was still available.

I've got no dog is this hunt. They tried to get me to trade my brand new Cayman S for it, but while tempted, it's not exactly how I would spec it (but dang close) and the cost differential is too much for me. I really like the GTS interior but wouldn't pay for it. But that's just me. I test drove it. It's sweet. Anyway, just hoping to help someone out on the forum who'd rather not wait. Reply to this thread with your email if you want me to send you contact info.

Mods, please delete if inappropriate, or move to the appropriate forum.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Is it rare for dealers to have them now? I just did a quick search of the 3 dealers in the Toronto area and all of them listed at least one. One of them had 4. Now I don't know if those cars are on order or sitting on the lots or what, but I'd expect them to be somewhat available now.

Am I wrong?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it rare for dealers to have them now? I just did a quick search of the 3 dealers in the Toronto area and all of them listed at least one. One of them had 4. Now I don't know if those cars are on order or sitting on the lots or what, but I'd expect them to be somewhat available now.

Am I wrong?
I really don't know. This is the first and only allocation my dealer has received so far and I was shocked it wasn't pre-sold with all the people waiting for allocations on the forum. I guess the market is more local and inefficient than I would've thought in the internet age. Anyway, if someone is looking for what my dealer has, hopefully I'm helping them both out. If not, no harm done.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

Am I wrong?
My local dealer had two, I posted one on the forum, I also see them on autotrader so I don't think you need to order one unless you are really specific in what you want.

Here is the one at my dealer.

2015 Porsche Boxster - WP0CB2A87FK130488 | STEVINSON IMPORTS

·
Registered
613 Posts
I imagine that the car being a MT makes it a bit of a rarity given that it is a dealer build.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Thanks for the post, hopefully it will help out someone who doesn't want to wait.

To go off on a tangent, I don't understand how Porsche sells any significant volume of cars off of their lots. With the price of these cars, and the myriad of option possibilities, there is almost no way that the car I really want is going to be on a lot. And I am not going to spend $80k+ for a new Porsche that is not exactly the way I want it. Maybe some of the off-the-lot buyers aren't aware of the custom ordering options, and the fact that it doesn't cost much more than a car off the lot. To compound the problem, the dealer ordered cars almost always include the most expensive options, most of which I wasn't interested in. My car stickered for $10k less than the one cited by JRidge, and has everything I wanted.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
My local dealer had two, I posted one on the forum, I also see them on autotrader so I don't think you need to order one unless you are really specific in what you want.

Here is the one at my dealer.

2015 Porsche Boxster - WP0CB2A87FK130488 | STEVINSON IMPORTS
Your link goes to an S, not GTS.

In any case, both examples are why a custom order is worth the wait for me: they show typical dealer builds with $20K - $30K of options.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
There are 8 - 10 new GTS models in Carmine Red alone listed on cars.com at various dealers.
If I were ordering GTS cars for a dealership I can think of 5 colors that would have a broader appeal and clearly be more marketable to the avg GTS buyer. I suppose that's why you can find that many unspoken for.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
If I were ordering GTS cars for a dealership I can think of 5 colors that would have a broader appeal and clearly be more marketable to the avg GTS buyer. I suppose that's why you can find that many unspoken for.
Sapphire Blue, perhaps? :hilarious:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Also 17 black, 17 white, 5 silver, 4 blue, 4 gray and 1 yellow ranging in price from $82K to $115K.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Also 17 black, 17 white, 5 silver, 4 blue, 4 gray and 1 yellow ranging in price from $82K to $115K.
You've got to be kidding! Please post a link to the $115k GTS.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Your link goes to an S, not GTS.

In any case, both examples are why a custom order is worth the wait for me: they show typical dealer builds with $20K - $30K of options.
The title says 'S' but I am pretty sure it's a GTS, I've seen this car in person.

9539242312.jpg

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
People have mentioned in the past that CA seems to have gotten a lot of allocations. Maybe that has something to do with it? Out East, they seem harder to come by, but I have no idea for certain. All I know is that my dealer does a lot of business and only got 2 BGTS and 2 CGTS. All were sold before the allocations actually became available.

·
Registered
948 Posts
One comment on dealer stock cars, i have noticed the vast majority of stock GTSs are ordered with 3 costly options - PDK, infotainment, and 14 way seats - which represents about $13k for just those 3 options. Total list price averages about $95k. Couple that with a reluctance to discount the car and i can see these sitting around a while. My cost for an "ordered the way i want it" comes in after repeat customer discount in the low $80s. Thats a big difference in my mind.

·
Registered
747 Posts
People have mentioned in the past that CA seems to have gotten a lot of allocations. Maybe that has something to do with it? Out East, they seem harder to come by, but I have no idea for certain. All I know is that my dealer does a lot of business and only got 2 BGTS and 2 CGTS. All were sold before the allocations actually became available.
There are dealers in LA sitting on 200+new Porsche's(auto gallery). Beverly Hills has 6 new GT3's in stock. Auto gallery also has 7 new mclairen 650 spyders in stock! carl

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
One comment on dealer stock cars, i have noticed the vast majority of stock GTSs are ordered with 3 costly options - PDK, infotainment, and 14 way seats - which represents about $13k for just those 3 options. Total list price averages about $95k. Couple that with a reluctance to discount the car and i can see these sitting around a while. My cost for an "ordered the way i want it" comes in after repeat customer discount in the low $80s. Thats a big difference in my mind.
My sentiments exactly. There's nothing available that I would want to change on my car, and certainly nothing that would take it up near $100k.

That thing is just flat tasty.
Thanks! Other than the wheels, it's my car.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts