Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
There are tons of GTS models for sale on cars.com that have like 200 miles on them or whatever. or Cargurus.com

no need to order one and wait a lifetime, they're already all over.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
The OP is in the UK it seems... I doubt US imports will help him.

Reactions: payne295171

·
Registered
143 Posts
Have you tried Sytner Porsche in Silverstone?

I got mine from there in a reasonable time (3 months) Ive had a few cars off them and they've always been good

Love the GTS but got carried away with hte spec...

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Do new allocations open up throughout the year, or is it possible that all build slots have now been allocated to dealers for the rest of 2015??

·
Registered
143 Posts
I spec'd PDK as Ive never had an auto before, its pretty impressive. its strange they are struggling to spec a manual car are you looking for a new build or an existing car?

It could be that, per another thread here, the GTS is the close out car to make way for the 981 gen2 and they've all sold their allocations, but i'd be surprised if it was.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yup I know what you mean, for some reason all the GTS I've seen via Porsche approved are all 65K plus which is quite a lot considering its not a bad spec to start with.

whats the reason being given for "no can do" on a manual spec?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Yup I know what you, for some the all the GTS I've seen via Porsche approved are all 65K plus which is quite a lot considering its not a bad spec to start with.

whats the reason being given for "no can do" on a manual spec?
PDK builds are more expensive. If they think they can sell every last one they can get, then it's in their best interest to hold back until they can sell a more expensive one, right? They're probably not offering any discounts, either.

Of course, this is at the expense of customer service in a rather huge way. :(

When a dealer has an unlocked allocation, are there any conditions at all on how they get configured? Has the factory planned to build 80% of the cars as PDK and, thus, have PDK specific allocations even if they're not locked yet?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Do new allocations open up throughout the year, or is it possible that all build slots have now been allocated to dealers for the rest of 2015??
The UK allocation process is very different to the US. The US take around 50% of worldwide Porsche production, but most of these are dealer specc'd cars. The UK is a big market, but nowhere near the US, here dealers are allotted a number of slots based on their sales records. We still have pre built cars of course, but it seems there are more buyer spec'd cars here.

The OP would do well to phone around the dealers and see what's available. But, Solihull Porsche is one of the biggest dealerships (from a sales perspective) and therefore they are as likely to have a slot as anyone.

Remember my Cayman was ordered, built and delivered in around 8 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I spec'd PDK as Ive never had an auto before, its pretty impressive. its strange they are struggling to spec a manual car are you looking for a new build or an existing car?

It could be that, per another thread here, the GTS is the close out car to make way for the 981 gen2 and they've all sold their allocations, but i'd be surprised if it was.
While I doubt that EVERY allocation has been spoken for as of today, it would be interesting to see if the community can get a handle on when that does, in fact, occur. We know that the full run of 918's are all "sold" so there is precedent for such type of information (of course understanding the quantum difference between 918 and 981-GTS). We might get a signal of "no more GTS's" by mid year, maybe?? But I think that point will be tightly related to the 981.1 to 981.2 transition if the 981.2 is a big departure, e.g. different motor platforms. otherwise, a styling change for a couple years will see another round of GTS's -- until that different motor platform hits the streets, e.g. the 718.
D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts