Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at GTS pictures today I've noticed that headlights look blacker than on other models.

On GTS it looks like the most of the housing is black with only bulbs and turnsignal being glassy/glossy/reflective

and here's a fresh picture from p9er John OKC, which made me notice the difference for the first time

On non-GTS we have those chrome circles around top bulb and bottom bulb, that look like number 8.

Can please GTS owners take a real clear close picture of a headlight, to see the details?
If it's indeed blacker - I think I have a project to do while my car is in winter hibernation...

·
Registered
492 Posts
GTS Headlights different - please confirm
Exterior - Drive - Boxster GTS - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
The effect is strengthened by the GTS specific smoked daytime running lights and position lights built on LED technology. Bi-Xenon™ headlights, including the Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS), are fitted as standard. The black inner trims lend further prominence to the vertical arrangement of the headlights – an unmistakable reference to the motorsport era of the 60s and 70s.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Yeah... this is a well documented feature. :)

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I need to find DIY for headlights removal. Then I'll see if they can be picked apart. And my S will become a GTS! Well, almoust. I did blackened the lights on my Subie and it looks 100 times better without all that chrome

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Funny thing on the configurator...

It starts off with the smoked lights as it should. If you add PDLS+ as an option though... and then remove it... the configurator changes them back to the base chrome versions.

If you look at the details for PDLS+, they seem to acknowledge this issue:

The smoked headlight housing on Boxster/Cayman GTS models is unaffected with the selection of the Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus).

·
Registered
186 Posts
WW, you obviously spent WAY too much time on the configurator to figure this out!

Funny thing on the configurator...

It starts off with the smoked lights as it should. If you add PDLS+ as an option though... and then remove it... the configurator changes them back to the base chrome versions.

If you look at the details for PDLS+, they seem to acknowledge this issue:

The smoked headlight housing on Boxster/Cayman GTS models is unaffected with the selection of the Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus).
To the OP, I can confirm that my headlights are of the "blacked out" variety. We got the tinted taillights and headlights along with the headlight nozzle housings.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
WW, you obviously spent WAY too much time on the configurator to figure this out!
Yep. But haven't we all? It's not just me... right?? :helpme:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yep. But haven't we all? It's not just me... right?? :helpme:
Here's the true test, WW. Have you been back on the configurator since picking up your car?

psst...i have...probably 5 times...at least I wasn't configuring a 981!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Here's the true test, WW. Have you been back on the configurator since picking up your car?

psst...i have...probably 5 times...at least I wasn't configuring a 981!
Since picking up my car??? I was on it earlier this morning to verify the lights thing. And yesterday to compare CAD and USD prices. And a few days before that to... Aw hell. I think I have a problem. :(

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Every time I discover something I've never noticed on the configurator before I get all excited. Yesterday I noticed you cannot select walnut trim on the GTS, for example.

Is this a sign of Obsessive Configurator Disorder?

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
OCD.
This is the ultimate Porsche nerd inside joke.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts