Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received this rather large box in the mail from Porsche. Inside was a fancy binder with a hard cover brochure on the '15 Cayman GTS. I just bought my '14 last December and Porsche is trying to sell me on a '15. This would make more sense if my car were 2 or 3 years old but less than a year old? Just seems like a huge waste of money.

But it was nice to page through and read the specs. Porsche claims the GTS with PDK will do 0-60 in 4.3. Awesome number.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Not really a waist of money. Share of mind always proceeds share of market. They got you talking about it, didnt they?carl

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really a waist of money. Share of mind always proceeds share of market. They got you talking about it, didnt they?carl
Well you may have a point. No way I'll be buying a GTS but I'll give the brochure to one of my friends who's been drooling over my CS. Maybe that's Porsche's marketing angle.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Porsche claims the GTS with PDK will do 0-60 in 4.3. Awesome number.
That's weird. Their web site says 4.5 secs for a Cayman GTS with pdk.

I got my package yesterday as well......and yes, I did think about trading mine in for one hot second. :)

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
That's weird. Their web site says 4.5 secs for a Cayman GTS with pdk.

I got my package yesterday as well......and yes, I did think about trading mine in for one hot second. :)
If you're wondering what it would look like if you did... well... gimme a couple more weeks... :D

Reactions: subshooter

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think that's a typo. From what I understand, it's 4.5 normally and 4.3 with launch control on a PDK Cayman GTS. The Boxster GTS is 4.6/4.3 and the Boxster GTS section of the website seems to call it out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think that's a typo. From what I understand, it's 4.5 normally and 4.3 with launch control on a PDK Cayman GTS. The Boxster GTS is 4.6/4.3 and the Boxster GTS section of the website seems to call it out.
The brochure is based on the 0-100kmh which is 0-62mph...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts