Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Man, I am so glad I went for platinum satin wheels. I was really tempted by the 911 Turbo Design wheels (with the non-diamond cut parts painted black of course), but they were just SO much more expensive to configure on the GTS than simply painting the already included Carrera S wheels. Black satin was also tempting, but platinum looks mint. Great to hear the OP finally got his car in, and it's a beauty!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Man, I am so glad I went for platinum satin wheels. I was really tempted by the 911 Turbo Design wheels (with the non-diamond cut parts painted black of course), but they were just SO much more expensive to configure on the GTS than simply painting the already included Carrera S wheels. Black satin was also tempting, but platinum looks mint. Great to hear the OP finally got his car in, and it's a beauty!
Turbo Design wheels are forged, which makes up a bit for the extra cost.
I'm happy I went with Black Satin though, it looks fantastic in person.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Turbo Design wheels are forged, which makes up a bit for the extra cost.
I'm happy I went with Black Satin though, it looks fantastic in person.
Are you sure about that? I seem to recall some discussions here in the past about this where it was determined that they were not forged and that this was just a misunderstanding or something.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Boy Goofnik, your car looks FANTASTIC. I really like the stance from the X73 suspension, and the contrast with the platinum wheels. Great looking Porsche. If the 981 had the front and rear fender panels of the 987, it would BE my perfect Porsche.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Couple shots my buddy took.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Had a charity car show at my work. They put me between a VW Van and a Scion. There were some classic cars as well as exotics there.
eN9ieVk.jpg

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Boy Goofnik, your car looks FANTASTIC. I really like the stance from the X73 suspension, and the contrast with the platinum wheels. Great looking Porsche. If the 981 had the front and rear fender panels of the 987, it would BE my perfect Porsche.
There are no panels on the 987 that looks better than the 981. lol Different strokes for different folks. I think the new GTS looks almost perfect (would be perfect with sapphire blue :) with the x73 suspension and platinum satin wheels. Only wheels like I OEM, I'm an aftermarket wheels type of guy.

21 - 40 of 367 Posts