Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and gentleman,

I just found out my build "freezes" today. I'm still in doubt about wheels. The car is white the wheels are Carrera 20". I can't decide between shiny black and platinum. I don't want the flat black or the silver. First I was shiny black and then I saw pictures of a white GT4 with platinum carrera rims and I changed my build to the platinum. Any thoughts, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Curtis

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think you made the right choice: platinum wheels should perfectly suit your white GTS. At least, this is what I would do if it was my build.

Reactions: Kindrunnermike

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I think you made the right choice: platinum wheels should perfectly suit your white GTS. At least, this is what I would do if it was my build.
Ditto. White with Platinum wheels is sweet!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Yep. I agree. Platinum.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well I have a white GTS with the satin black and they look amazing because all the trim is matte black from the factory. Unless you ordered the gloss black trim pkg. The black is the perfect complement because there is no dark grey anywhere on my car. I must disagree the platinum satin wheels look dull. just my opinion. Go with what you like.

·
Caymudgeon
710 Posts
I chose black satin for my build but of the two you're considering I'd go platinum. I think the gloss black with polished edge is starting to look a bit dated.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Another vote for black satin. On white it works well and meshes with the matte black exterior trim pieces. The platinum still works for white but the pop is not as significant.

I had platinum wheels on my 14CS (platinum silver exterior). I would say platinum gives a more "classy" look and black satin a more edgy look. Guess I am getting more edgy as I age :hilarious:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Boss 302 which has the shiny black rims and I like them on that car. The satin black, to me, bespeak more of a competition type rim much as one expect to find on a GT4. Anyway, the deal is done and it is : Platinum.

Thanks to all for their input.

Curtis

·
Registered
221 Posts
Reactions: uptheorg

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I chose black satin for my build but of the two you're considering I'd go platinum. I think the gloss black with polished edge is starting to look a bit dated.
I feel the same way about it.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
I have a Boss 302 which has the shiny black rims and I like them on that car. The satin black, to me, bespeak more of a competition type rim much as one expect to find on a GT4. Anyway, the deal is done and it is : Platinum.

Thanks to all for their input.

Curtis
Good Choice!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts