Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking of ordering a GTS in a few months and plan to skip the alcantara..My current 981S has 2 tone leather and I love it..
what exterior colors do you think look best with the agate/amber..

I could do white..black..I don't want any silvers or grey..yellow will not really work will it?
Red???
Any ideas would be great..and anyone with the amber orange tell me how you like it..I have only seen pictures,but I really like it
thanks,Joey

·
Registered
141 Posts
If no silvers or grey (including the browns), then I'd go with black. Blue might work. Yellow? That would be a gross combo.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
If no silvers or grey (including the browns), then I'd go with black. Blue might work. Yellow? That would be a gross combo.
Both of the blues look excellent with it. And if you hadn't thought of it... there's someone here with DBM that got the dash and door strips painted DBM as well, and it looks pretty amazing! I'd have never even thought to do that, but having seen his pics, I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was ordering DBM. Not sure it would work as well with Sapphire, but it might.

Agate Gray obviously looks great with the agate/amber as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yep... but that guy's gotta ditch the yellow key fob. :D
Who says it's a guy? Whoever it is they need to ditch that air freshener too. I love the new Porsche smell every time I open the door.:cheers:

I know you said no grey but I think the Agate Grey exterior would look the best.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
You know I was first thinking the owner overlooked getting the dials all matching in white. Only the Chronometer has the white face, which looks cool on that white car. But I wondered why not for the speedometer and especially that awful grey tach. And then I realized that maybe the owner was being really clever. It's a gradient. Black, Silver, White, from left to right.

Probably not...

Oh yea, that's the first thing I thought too: How do you know the owner is not a gal?

·
Registered
3,039 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I saw an Aqua Blue Boxster S with amber orange last year at the Roadshow and it was what I wanted. That is such a beautiful combo. I ended with with AB/Pebble grey, I like that combo too.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Saw quite a few pictures of the dark blue w/ agate-amber and that's what I ended up going with. I also love the way it looks in the white. If I were a fan of white cars, I'd have ordered that as a second choice! Finally, I think it goes without saying that the agate exterior would match well. But, I like the contrast w/ the other two colors better. Black, I was worried about it being "Halloween-y", but I'm sure it looks nice.

For dark blue, check out Garnerengr's car (thanks again G for taking some pics for me!)! He has painted the interior pieces dark blue as well. Looks really nice, especially because it's a Boxster and w/ the convertible top down it brings the exterior color in. Also, ElusiveDH's Cayman has this combo! In fact, his was the first I saw and what drew me to the possibility to configure it like this.

Having said that -- I don't think you should do DBM, I want to be amongst a select few, lol :taunt:.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts