Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a small karting track for my 4th ever AX in my life... Guess what I came back with :D

These are the trophies for the 1st place in my category (RWD) and the 3rd place overall :banana:

My category had a couple of M3's, one of them an e36 turbo charged with full roll cage and real wide tires. But the turbo killed him in almost every corner, it would spool and send him spinning around :eek:

The 1st overall was an Evo 7 with Skunk II exhaust and some other goodies. The second place was a 1.6L mitsubishi colt MIVEC turbo, I dont know how much power this thing outputs, but suffice to say in a drag race, it leaves an Evo 9 behind with like 6 car lengths. He was on semi slicks and whenever he stepped on it, he would spin the tires :eek: :eek:

Initially we had two runs, by the end of the 2nd I was @ 8th place overall and 2nd place in my category. Then it was decided to give the best 15 a 3rd run. Lucky me :)

I beat the 1st of category (An e36 M3 cab with some sort of modified fuel injection system) by about 30 milliseconds :banana: This guy has been racing for like 10 years in such events that I didnt even think it was possible to beat him. I was shooting for second place!

In my first run I got 1:50.something
Second: 1:46.something
Third: 1:42.53, the M3 guy got 1:42.78. He was smiling but he was having a hard time hiding his surprise :taunt:

Enough talk, off to the vids:

My second, much better than the first

My third run, my best!

Some pix of me:

A real clever "output" by my friend :D

Some other pix of the event:

Another friend of mine:

And finally...

Most of these pix where taken by a good friend of mine who is an amateur photographer in the sense that he doesnt do it for money. But is pro enough in the sense of how his works look!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
1) CONGRATULATIONS !!!

2) I'm truly happy for you... and finally I got to know your name and see your picture (your the third guy on the posing steps, right?

3) Man, you have so many Porsche's participating!! Haven't any got a good rank?

:burnout:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot man. Yes I am the one on the podium's 3rd place, "The posing steps" lol

We didnt have that many Porsche's this time, I was the only one. In my very first even there were 8 Porsches, including a GT3 RS, a 550hp TT and a RUF 993 turbo R :eek:

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats. Never seen full size cars try to race on a kart track before.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Congrats, it's always good to win something isn't it?! :cheers:

I like the last pic where you are in your casual clothes and the others are in their "Race" suits :hilarious:

Looking at the course having your Boxster must have been a real bonus for getting round the really tight parts.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Allah ybarek feek ya Doc... Thanks everyone :cheers:

We dont have real road courses around here, so karting tracks are the best we got for these events. Hopefully we'll have a real track soon.

I did think it was an overkill for these guys to be wearing those race suits. Its not that dangerous out there to require that kind of protection :hilarious:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I wasn't aware Egypt had much in the way of organized motorsports (except a few rallys). Glad you do. Great stuff, and congrats on your trophy.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. The motorsport scene here is growing slowly but is growing. Hopefully it continues on the right track, no pun intended :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts