Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
i just ordered a set of H&R lowering springs and will do Cayman R alignment.
i also ordered the cayman r side stripes and the black headlight trim.also i am having the calipers painted red.
i hope the car is gonna look good and handle well.

·
Registered
460 Posts
》》 H&R lowering springs and will do Cayman R alignment

This is what i did on my 06 Cayman S. Heinous install bill from a local indy shop. But, the car felt so much better. Really feels like an underpowered GT3. Handling is magnificent for stock struts. 35,000 miles on my car.
Never any rub or stability issues.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm at 66k miles and I just got them installed and I love them! I honestly couldn't even tell that the ride got stiffer which is a relief because some of the threads on this and other forums had believing I was about to ruin my ride with and the suspension would be all crashy. The back wheel gap has been reduced to 1 finger and the front is about 2 fingers, might be because the back struts are getting a little old but honestly I wish the front would go down to a one finger gap too. This honestly the ride height it should of came from factory with!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ok gentleman, serious question - do springs compromise high speed stability? This is absolutely the opposite of what I was expecting. I am interested as this is my next mod on a 987.2S. I am expecting less roll under high aerodynamic load with springs compressing and better stability. I would appreciate opinions.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ok gentleman, serious question - do springs compromise high speed stability? This is absolutely the opposite of what I was expecting. I am interested as this is my next mod on a 987.2S. I am expecting less roll under high aerodynamic load with springs compressing and better stability. I would appreciate opinions.
I still need to do more driving and get back to you but last week on my way to the mountains I was cruising at 100-110 mph and I didnt notice any changes in stability compared to before the springs.

·
Registered
2007 Boxster S Meteor Gray
16 Posts
I have not noticed any instability at 100mph+. These are normally short bursts at this speed, not sustained driving. I did an autocross this past weekend and I could really throw the BS around the cones! I am very happy with the springs in regards to performance and look of the car.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts