Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I put a set of RSS sway bars on my car recently and am very happy with the results. Flatter cornering attitude, sharper feeling steering response and no affect on the ride. Haven't been back to a track event yet but I'm very happy with the road handling. Apparently the H&R bars are slightly larger in outside diameter than stock so the installation is a little trickier where the RSS bars are the same diameter so there are no fitment issues at all. All the bars are hollow, the RSS have thicker sidewalls for greater stiffness than stock (same for H&R).
Talk with Tom at Rennsport One, he sells both brands and gives a fair evaluation of both.
BW

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
I put a set of RSS sway bars on my car recently and am very happy with the results. Flatter cornering attitude, sharper feeling steering response and no affect on the ride. Haven't been back to a track event yet but I'm very happy with the road handling. Apparently the H&R bars are slightly larger in outside diameter than stock so the installation is a little trickier where the RSS bars are the same diameter so there are no fitment issues at all. All the bars are hollow, the RSS have thicker sidewalls for greater stiffness than stock (same for H&R).
Talk with Tom at Rennsport One, he sells both brands and gives a fair evaluation of both.
BW
My CS is in shop today for RSS bars and links. Will post later with track results.

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
I put a set of RSS sway bars on my car recently and am very happy with the results. BW
BW,
What setting (which hole) did you use on the bars?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Can anyone comment on using the stock drop links with the H&R bars? I got some Tarret Engineering rear links, but haven't put the bars or links in as yet. To avoid oversteer, I plan to put only the rear bars in at first set on the less stiff or outermost hole position. I was worried that the Tarret links would be noisy, and that the stock links would be weaker and softer.

·
Premium Member
981CaymanS
665 Posts
Can anyone comment on using the stock drop links with the H&R bars?

Gasmang;

I installed the H&R bars almost three years ago with the stock links and never had an issue, I love them.

However, I would recommend installing both bars at the same time and adjust the rear to fine tune your balance, I think you will like them.
BTW I like to use 34psi front and 37psi rear and the hardest setting on the rear for a really crisp response.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Thanks for the news about the stock links. My H&R bars were modified so that the front bar has an extension with an extra hole for a softer front setting.

·
Registered
241 Posts
MDavis,
I have mine in the middle holes front and rear to start. I'm waiting for a track day to decide on any changes from there.
Casey,
Thanks for the correction.
BW

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
Re: mdavis

how hard are these to install ? thanks
Looks like it will take my guy about three hours to do front and rear. I pick up the car today and will let you know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.