Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 Arctic Silver/Grey w/ 25k miles in really nice condition. The rear main was found to be "seeping". I posted in "Tech" to get more hard info but what I would like to ask here is whether this would be a deal breaker for some or not for some. I am very mechanical and will be doing all my own work except for a warranty claim like this. I will be keeping an eye on this myself if I get the car and will be able to judge for myself how bad it is and when to fix it but would like some help making judgement. Thanks, C.

·
Registered
160 Posts
A RMS leak/failure seems to be common on Cayman/Boxer...hopefully the Gen 2 engine redesign cures it...and the IMS issue....but if it were I would make sure that the dealer/PNA will fix this problem under warranty....and any follow on issues...such as a clutch that has been exposed to oil....if I were you I watch try and get the RMS fixed, replace thrust/release bearing, lube clutch cable and make sure pressure plate is good....even if I had to pay for some parts....after all PNA/dealer is paying for the work and the new seal...so you should only have to pay for the parts...also find out if this RMS has been replaced before....if so why should it fail again...??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.