Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my Cayman S from the east coast. I've had the car for about 2 and a half months.

After all the toiling on this site, and all the research I had done for months and months prior to purchasing the car, I thought I knew every option.

For a few months now I've been contemplating ordering a Spec sheet from my local Dealership to see exactly what options were put on my car, but I thought I knew it all so I've been putting it off

I found out I have a car with a heated steering wheel!

This option is quite elusive if you don't know about it. The button to turn on the heated steering wheel is at 6 Oclock on the back side of the steering wheel.

I was making a U-turn when I felt a small button down there, I pressed it and Voila! heated wheel.

Sadly I live in the desert and probably will never use it. I wish I could trade heated steering wheel for cooled seats! I've tried those cooled seats... and let me tell you. They are nice.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Don't you have a Monroney sticker?

Maybe you have PTV also and still don't know it? How would you? ;)

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Don't you have a Monroney sticker?

Maybe you have PTV also and still don't know it? How would you? ;)
Too bad that VIN checking page stopped working. :(

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I think the reason most of us don't have that option is not because it isn't useful in many parts of the country during the winter. (I have chilblains and it would have been a Godsend for me.) Rather, it's because many of us have opted for the sport steering wheel and unfortunately the heated steering wheel option is, for some reason, not available if you get the sport steering wheel.

QUESTION TO THE OP: as you do have the heated wheel, do you have the "multi-function" steering wheel, and if so AND you were to have PDK, I'm curious as to whether the multi-function steering wheel with PDK comes with shifting buttons (like the standard wheel) or paddles (like the sport wheel). Thanks in advance for a reply and congratulations. You'll love this car!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I think the reason most of us don't have that option is not because it isn't useful in many parts of the country during the winter. (I have chilblains and it would have been a Godsend for me.) Rather, it's because many of us have opted for the sport steering wheel and unfortunately the heated steering wheel option is, for some reason, not available if you get the sport steering wheel.

QUESTION TO THE OP: as you do have the heated wheel, do you have the "multi-function" steering wheel, and if so AND you were to have PDK, I'm curious as to whether the multi-function steering wheel with PDK comes with shifting buttons (like the standard wheel) or paddles (like the sport wheel). Thanks in advance for a reply and congratulations. You'll love this car!
I can answer this!

It comes with crappy buttons, but there's an aftermarket upgrade kit available that converts it to paddles. :D

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yup, and works for most makes/models. Pretty slick.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I know about the webpage we lost access to. But if you scroll this one down it does show all the options
AHA!! My bad... I didn't get that far down. I thought that part was an ad. :D

Good find!

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I've been using it quite a bit and it works. Also shows the total price too. The actual option codes themselves are missing.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The site details all sorts of bad data for my VIN. As an example, it shows I have a Boxster (I have a Cayman) yellow belts (I have red) manual (I have PDK) and leather (I have standard) There are other inaccuracies too. Under HP it shows 7700

Yeesh!

·
Registered
773 Posts
The site details all sorts of bad data for my VIN. As an example, it shows I have a Boxster (I have a Cayman) yellow belts (I have red) manual (I have PDK) and leather (I have standard) There are other inaccuracies too. Under HP it shows 7700

Yeesh!
Whoops...please disregard (Operator error!)

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think the reason most of us don't have that option is not because it isn't useful in many parts of the country during the winter.
We use ours here in Houston. I'm always warm but my hands get cold easily. Definitely not using it this time of year though.

I've tried those cooled seats... and let me tell you. They are nice.
Those are more useful down here. They were on our must have list. It does help with increasing the number of top down days though the heated wheel does as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been using it quite a bit and it works. Also shows the total price too. The actual option codes themselves are missing.
The option codes are there - they're just in the background font. Drag & select the information and poof, the codes appear. It's like magic!

Roger

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I can answer this!

It comes with crappy buttons, but there's an aftermarket upgrade kit available that converts it to paddles. :D
Oddball me loves those buttons. I've come out of the button closet! Never had paddles, except on my one-day prepurchase 981 rental. I love that I can shift either up or down with my right hand, and the up shift motion feels easier--just a palm squeeze--than yanking on a paddle. But that's just me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts