Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

Thought I would introduce myself, Matt from Newtown CT, just picked up my 06 CS on Saturday. Love the car, by far the best handling car I have ever owned, I think I have perma-smile driving it, just listening to the engine! Unfortunatly, it hailed this past sat for about 5 minutes around 3, as I was parked at a local store. It was small and caused no damage to my other cars, but did put about 15 small dents in the hood/roof, one is fairly large.

Does anyone know of a reputable place to have dent removal? Preferably paintless?

Look forward to seeing/meeting everyone at upcoming events, enjoying my car, and enjoying the boards,

Matt

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Welcome Matt. Sorry to hear about the hail damage, not the best way to start your ownership experience.

If no one here chimes in with a recommendation, I would do the following:

-Check with our sponsor here, Fairfield County Motorsports and see who they use.
-Check with the local Porsche dealer (Danbury?) to see who they use.
-Check with the Connecticut Valley PCA region to see if they can recommend anyone.
-Google "DentWizard" and see if they have a mobile franchise owner in your area.

We have two events going on in CT this weekend and next, will you be able to join us? Even if you can't stay the whole day, meet us at the gathering points and say hello.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Pete!

I was looking at the LRP trip sat, I am trying to sort out my schedule to tak part and if so will meet at the RT 7 stop. I'll try your suggestions, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update - I get my car back tomorrow. I ended up having to bring it to a local Auto Body shop, who was able to dismantle the various sections, and then Dent Wizard did the rest. Total time was 4 days from drop off to pick up. The number of dents looked like this:

Hood - 16
Trunk - 8
Roof - 37
LQtr - 5
RQtr - 4
Lfndr - 6
Rfndr - 2

Total - 78 dents

I had the car parked at a store, I was outside at the time and the hail was aprox dime size and came down for 3 min. I acutally had 3 cars there, this being the only one that showed any signs of damage at all. Thanks for the help guys, can't wait to get it back tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.