Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I ordered a Cayman S for my self in October 2009 and got a build date the first week of March 2010, so I'm half way. Still some boring time to kill. :(

However, I've managed to get the PDK with paddle shifters included :) (option 840). it’s a must, because I really don't like the awkward buttons on the standard PDK steering wheel. Anyway, first I didn't order the LSD option. After visiting this site and reading some reviews, I changed my mind and managed to get the LSD option added to my order. I hope its worth every penny...

//Cheers

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
PDK + LSD cost, etc?

What did adding LSD to the already pricey PDK cost you? I have a PDK but it was purchased last year before the LSD option existed. I figure an aftermarket LSD installed will cost about $2500-$3000 when they're available.
Also, I really like the "clumsy" push-pull switches on my PDK. They allow me to up or down shift regardless of where the wheel is oriented, e.g. during a hard turn. I guess the paddle shifter preference is a race cult sort of thing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The LSD-option was an additional 1900 USD. I'm not a racing guy yet ;) , but I just didn't like the layout of the PDK-buttons on the steering wheel. I have driven another car for the last 3 years with paddles and I've getting used to that.

//Johan

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats. I also would like to go to a PDK one day and the LSD is a must IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
I can confirm with LSD the car bites taking off out through tight corners. It can sometimes take you off guard because subconsciously you anticipate wheel spin, but instead the car leaps forward! however it isn't difficult to get used to ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts