Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies & Gentelmen. I say hallo from Thessaloniki Macedonia Greece
My car is a Porsche Cayman S (987) mod. 06/2008 +295 BHP. I'm thinking of putting a full exhaust system including exhaust manifolds plus the full Softronic Kit. What do you think about it? Is there anyone who have done it? What would be the pros and the cons? How many HP would develop this upgrade and what would be the difficulties for the installation?

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Welcome ACE, glad to have you aboard! :cheers:

First of all, I would suggest spending some time Searching the Modifications forum, where you will find numerous threads discussing the mods you've asked about. But, just to given you a quick summary from my point of view:

Yes, a number of people have done the full exhaust (including headers) combined with the Softronic Race Plenum (SRP), which includes the Softronic DME re-programming. This is probably the most you can do to increase your power, short of a turbo kit. The pros: more power, more smiles/mile. The cons: may affect your warranty coverage, more $$.

Reallistically, I think that these mods add around 30 HP to the wheels at the most (which isn't bad). The installation is not very difficult, even for a week-end mechanic like myself. :)

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
No answer to your question about mods.Just wanted to say hello back too you and welcome to what i have found to be one of the best Porsche sites available...:cheers:

·
Caymaniac
5,663 Posts
Hello and welcome. I would agree with KS-CS on all points. In theory you could get to the "GT 350" level with higher octane fuel and free flowing intake. Either way, you will be clearly quicker than stock and the sound will be much better.

My family is in Athens and we are originally from Karatoulas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome Ace.

In your search here, you will find many, many threads dealing with your issues.

Installing a full quality exhaust system and a full Softronic Race Plenum kit is -- in my view -- a symbiotic team which makes for a engine that can breath the way it was meant to, and will likely add 20-40 HP. However, there is a substantial dilemma. The cost of this dual set of mods can cost very close to a TPC turbo kit, which will add 100+ HP, and you still have a car you can drive around town. What to do?

This is an interesting problem and fun to discuss here on the forum as many of us build our ultimate modified Porsche in our minds or for real.

Glad you joined us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.