Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was detailing my Boxster, and I find that the door pulls on both doors have gaps. Is this normal? It looks as if the door pull is separating from the door. I've read about panel warping...

It doesn't affect operation, but once you see it you can't unsee it. :-(

-Matt

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Automotive exterior Family car

Here's a picture. It's right where the handle attaches to the trim, near the buttons. If I pull on the handle, this gap widens. It tapers as well, not consistent like if it were by design.

·
Registered
443 Posts
No issue like that on mine. I probably wouldn't have noticed it even if it were there unless I felt some looseness when pulled on.

If the handle gives even more when you pull on it, I'd assume there is a screw that may have backed out some, or some sort of clip that perhaps never snapped into place. I have no idea what is going on inside that handle, but something is attaching it to the door, and is apparently loose. What is really odd is that you say it is on both doors. That would seem to argue against a random event on one door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.