Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just order one set today. It's first try. Heard a lot of good things about them.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I bought them for my car, as I use it as a daily driver. They offer great grip and ride comfort. The noise level is acceptable to me.

I did use them in a 3-day DE event at the end of the year. The back tires are near the wear indicators, while the fronts still have at least another 5k miles left on them. I have to check my paperwork to get you the overall mileage I've put on them so far.

I will buy another set.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have about 1,000 miles on mine and am very happy with them. I have Nitto's on my track wheels so I cannot comment on track activity with them.

So far we have had very cold weather for north Florida but all in all I am quite pleased, particularly when you factor in price.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just put a set on my A3 to try them out before putting a set on my CS. They are really great. They are quiet and the grip is great. I got a quote of $560 for the CS. Compared to the Bridgestones and PS2's, you just can't touch them. I was quoted $560 for a set!

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Have them on my car, too. When I bought it used, it had a brand new pair on the back and worn PS2's on the front. Bought some for the front and am impressed with them as DD tires.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am currently running these tires also, great tires! I talked about them in another thread earlier. (bottom of page 1)

http://www.planet-9.com/porsche-tires-wheels/38350-installed-volk-racing-te37-gunmetal-silver-arctic-silver.html

Here are my impressions of the Hankook V12 EVO.

My previous set of tires were Continental ContiSport 2 Tires. The 4 tires cost me $1200 and I wore them out in 6K miles. They had great traction and handling at the track, but I was shocked and was questioning how long I could keep racing at that expense. I decided to give the Hankook V12's a try after reading this Car & Driver Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 and for a set of 4 Hankook tires at about half of the price. I spent about $700 on the set.

Full read..
Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 - Comparison Tests - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

Second place for the Hankook V12 Evo
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo - Comparison Tests - Car and Driver

Highlights from the test..
Welcome to Hankook Tire International Website

In addition, Hankook had a $50 rebate with the purchase of the set.
Hankook Tame the Road Rebate

After racing with the Hankook V12's, I am very impressed and satisfied with the purchase. The traction was amazing and I believe my setup with the Hankook 295's on the 11" rear, I'm getting much more rear traction and control. On my front tires, I felt even less understeer than the ContiSports and I even went from a 245 down to 235's on the Hankooks because of my new Volk TE37's +39 offset. I felt great confidence with these tires, very controllable for me. One thing I noticed was how quiet these tires are and the smoothness over bumps in the road. In the design, there is a thick 1 inch center spine that has the Hankook text scribed and I think this is playing a great deal in quietness and road comfort. I highly recommend the Hankook V12 Evo tires, they perform great on the track and street, a real performance bang for your buck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was ready to pull the trigger on a set of these, but they don't make them in 265/35ZR19. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Anyone tried these? Comments??

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo - Comparison Tests - Car and Driver

They are HALF the cost of the PS2's and since my car is a daily driver, I think I might buy them and see for myself. Curious if anyone has tried them yet?
Anyone concerned about lack of Porsche "N" rating for these tires? I am considering them for DD and I am wondering if I would ever know they are not N rated?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts