Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really the Spring driving season yet but getting a taste for what's to come. Above 50F most days this week, driving top-down in the afternoons and at least one morning, even though I'm bundled up in an insulated cap with ear flaps, a scarf, and driving gloves (I have no fashion sense, and yet I don't care). And yesterday, finally got up to a decent oil temp and was able to use 3/4-throttle all the way through 1st and partway through 2nd before I had to back off. Glorious sound. :dance:

It would have been better still on summer tires but light snow is forecast for Friday so I put off swapping the tires until this weekend. I haven't "cornered" in months.

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
A couple more weeks here for LG. Some more white stuff tonight perhaps. Roads still have a lot of gravel, etc. Need a Spring gully washer in CPa.

LG needs her new Reg sticker and a return to normal TPressure. Then I need to take out manual to figure out how to start her.:hilarious:

And I will be taking her to Dealer come early April for her 24 mo checkup.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Temps still dipping to around zero at night, high winds, some snow, roads still wet with melting snow and gravel. Did you say top down?

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Registered
205 Posts
Went out today for a ~30 mile ride. Sunshine and low to mid 40's. :banana: The roads - that's another story. Still covered with salt and sand residue although no more snow runoff. Although I washed the car last weekend, it's now covered with dust! :( The roads are in horrible condition! We have potholes everywhere. Due to the temps, they can only fix with "cold patch" which is really just sticky gravel that breaks up after the first car goes over it. The permanent fix "hot patch" or asphalt won't be available 'till sometime in April. So, the warning to those driving in south central PA...watch for potholes!

Oh, we're expecting 3 to 5 inches of the white stuff tomorrow - HAPPY SPRING! :helpme:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Temperatures here in CFL still dipping info the mid 60s with highs in the 80s. It's hard not to want to drive ur Porsche hard every chance u get and hit as many PCA and sports car events as possible. With a Racing Yellow Cayman S, I need to be watching for hungry bears, and very alert to warnings from my undetectable built-in 9500ci front/rear radar/laser detector/jammer. As Wang Chung once sung, "Everybody have fun!!"

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Gorgeous, sunny morning ... at last. Of course the thermometer says 6 below zero .... so maybe not quite ready to roll it out yet.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude ... its snowing....
Yeah, car in office parking lot, covered in snow. Snow tires were going to come off LAST weekend until I saw the forecast. Still, pretty sure this is the last blast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts