Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered this for a while. Im capable of pretty much anything mechanical on the car and do all my own work. Just want to know if its worth the work?

Also do PASM shocks stay on the soft (Cayman S NON PASM) setting/mode when they are not plugged in?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Even if someone gave you a set of PASM shocks, I would not fit them to a non PASM car. Why, just the wiring issues, the gyros fittings to work correctly and other items make this task, while doable, not worth the effort. You can find an Autocross thread somewhere on Google that talks about this conversion. There are plenty of mechanical coilovers available to give you the rebound and compression response necessary for most drivers needs, that is keeping the tires planted to the road, yet allowing for a NVH free ride. Get yourself a set of Ohlin R&T coilovers, you will thank me in a few years.

Reactions: adamangkeona

·
Registered
356 Posts
Look at TPC Racing DSC Sport - they have a stand alone PASM kit to go along with their custom PASM control module.

Also, if you are going to go through the trouble of doing PASM, also get the Sport Plus module from Porsche. This addition will work with PASM to, in Sport mode, give you a wider performance envelope before traction control kicks in (think sliding the rear end out).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even if someone gave you a set of PASM shocks, I would not fit them to a non PASM car. Why, just the wiring issues, the gyros fittings to work correctly and other items make this task, while doable, not worth the effort. You can find an Autocross thread somewhere on Google that talks about this conversion. There are plenty of mechanical coilovers available to give you the rebound and compression response necessary for most drivers needs, that is keeping the tires planted to the road, yet allowing for a NVH free ride. Get yourself a set of Ohlin R&T coilovers, you will thank me in a few years.
I'll have a look.. Thanks a bunch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts