Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
I bought from our sponsor NR Auto - NR Auto - From Porsche body kits to Mercedes-Benz body kits

BTW I don't know what sort of "magic" is in the duraflex vs. regular fiberglass but they sure seem to think it is better. :) I noted from their black primer pictures that the top GT3 vent seems to be molded into the bumper, that should be a completely separate part that bolts on, unless they bolt it on and then primer it which you wouldn't want either. As with any fiberglass based front bumper you are going to need a shop that is good with fitting fiberglass and knows how to properly prep it for painting, there will be work to do, none of the fiberglass pieces ever fit 100% perfect.

·
Registered
504 Posts
They don't even have a real picture of it on a real car. It's an obvious photoshop. Caveat emptor.

- Patrick

·
Registered
163 Posts
Agree about the price. My favourite gt3 type bumper has to be the getty design one as the front vent looks to be part of the actual bumper as opposed to a black peice glued/bolted and sticking out

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Peeked at both sites and neither have kits for 981 series..... Am I missing something?
I haven't spoken to Neal at NR Auto about what he is or isn't doing for the 981. He's not often working on his website so it is probably best to call him and ask what he has or what his plans are for the 981. I sort of assume that the demand from 981 owners would be to have the 991 GT3 front end, not the 997 GT3 front end but I could be wrong...

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
981 Owners sure would want SOMETHING! My car is into it's 4th season and still there's ZERO aftermarket bumpers for it...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought from our sponsor NR Auto - NR Auto - From Porsche body kits to Mercedes-Benz body kits

BTW I don't know what sort of "magic" is in the duraflex vs. regular fiberglass but they sure seem to think it is better. :) I noted from their black primer pictures that the top GT3 vent seems to be molded into the bumper, that should be a completely separate part that bolts on, unless they bolt it on and then primer it which you wouldn't want either. As with any fiberglass based front bumper you are going to need a shop that is good with fitting fiberglass and knows how to properly prep it for painting, there will be work to do, none of the fiberglass pieces ever fit 100% perfect.
I red after making the post that everyone h a t e s the company that sells it, and that the "duraflex" is total crap :) NR auto is probably the best option, but also the most expensive as i live in Norway. NR Auto is on the top of my list, but im looking in to finding something cheaper..

I found this alternative, and they seem to have a good resume aswell.. Ever heard of aerowerke?

AERO WERKE - Aerodynamik-Spezialist

1 - 8 of 8 Posts