Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paint finish in exterior color: slats on front air intakes, rear side air intake grilles, and rear fascia. I kind of like the look. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have seen it on a white and a GT Silver car. Looks good, however, I am not a fan of the front grills being color matched. While the side vents and rear diffuser look nice, the front grills look better in black (imo).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Opted for this option on my 2104 BS. The offering has changed. For 2014 it included black bottom half of mirrors instead of front grills.

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you opt for the package? I think it looks way better, and sets it apart from the others.
Nope, I decided I liked the stock black accents better and spent the money elsewhere, i.e. Black/Bordeaux full leather interior.

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
And lastly,white with gloss black.
That's actually a mix: It's got the GTS body kit package, which is gloss black (I believe), with white-painted side vents and such. That's probably part of the reason it doesn't quite work ...

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Nice thing about dark colors is that you get the best of both worlds. My current is a 2016 Cayman in Mahogany Metallic and my 2019 on order is a Cayman in Night Blue Metallic. You get the pseudo monochromatic look yet upon closer inspection still have the slight contrast from the black. In both cases, before ordering I did spend quite a bit of time looking at the build with and without body color front, rear and sides.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I actually think the darker the color, the clearer the choice in favor of the option. In any event, this one is definitely up to personal preference. Clearly no right or wrong way. I also prefer body color headlight cleaners.

·
Registered
272 Posts
With the exception being the yellow calipers, this is the exact same color combination that I'm picking up in the very near future. I think it looks very clean with the painted vents and non-labeled door panel. The satin wheels look great!
GBM is an under-rated color. We saw a stunning 911 in that color when we were demoing and that clinched it for us.

Beautiful car!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.