Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Only places I've ever seen non-showroom Spyders are at dealers, in for service. That's also only been 987.2s. Have not seen a 981.1 on the road, and I suspect it'll be a long time before I do.

People clearly see mine though. Dealer sent an email a while back about how often they get a customer coming in mentioning they've seen mine. Usually because I was out with the top down (as always) in adverse conditions.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not on the road, but 2 on the track; one at Putnam Park and one at Indy. The one at Putnam wasn't in my run group, but the one at Indy was. We chased one another one session and just had a blast. It was terrific to follow behind a Spyder and hear it in anger. Saw some speed, too; 130+ on the back straight and 145 on the front straight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A 987 in Eastpoint, MI and at Porsche Parade. I saw my first 981 Spyder in Birmingham, MI in 2016. The Spyder was exported to Canada, 12 months after purchase. Canada did not receive many Spyder builds. Two more were in Ann Arbor, MI, one was from Toledo, OH. The other 981 Spyder was in Indianapolis, IN, in my "White" High Performance Driver Education run group. I had 155+ miles per hour, over the "Bricks," on Harry's Lap Timer. Three days and a set of tires.

Hello Isisllc, I like your picture, hope to be in your run group, at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, again this year, 2017.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey, Blackpony! Good to hear from you. Your ears must have been burning; I was flying home last night and watched the GoPro of me chasing you at Indy. Let me know if you'd like a copy of the video. Not going to make it to Indy this year, unfortunately. The wife has us signed up for an Alaska cruise... Maybe next year. I feel you on Indy eating a set of tires. Those Pirelli's are definitely a perishable item.

Rob

·
Registered
117 Posts
Saw a 981 Spyder in white yesterday afternoon. About 4:20P, Shelbyville Road in the turn lane onto 265 headed north. I was in the DD with the wife. After we got done with our errand and she dropped me off at the office I headed out in my Spyder and was jumping on 64-W at Blankenbaker when a 944 Turbo jumped on the entrance ramp behind me. We played in traffic for a minute, pulled along side one another and gave each other a salute and then I had to jump off at Hurstbourne. All in all, not a bad Porsche day!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was driving to work in the DD this morning. EB on Shelbyville Road about 9A and passed a guards red '16 spyder making a left onto Evergreen (maybe headed to EHS). Got to find out who's driving the twin to my car! I'll bug my SA if nobody cops to ownership on the forum.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts