Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Boxster S. I have the premium package with memory settings for the seats and mirrors. I set them using one of the two switches on the door. Plus I changed the vehicle and lock settings to not display the upshift light and unlock both doors with once click. This morning all settings had reverted to the default settings. And the mirror positions were all different but not the seats. Plus the radio always comes on when I start the car. Is my car haunted by the ghost of a Porsche engineer or am I overlooking something simple. Thank you for your help.

By the way, I took it work on my idiotically long commute (74 miles one way all highway) and what a superb cruiser. After some adjustments, the standard seats fit me fine and the ride was so smooth on the highway. What a wonderful car!

Anand

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Do you have the Auto Memory box checked under the settings section? I think it's in there under the key or locking section. Mine was not checked when I got my car and it drove me nuts as I kept losing my settings.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the Auto Memory box checked under the settings section? I think it's in there under the key or locking section. Mine was not checked when I got my car and it drove me nuts as I kept losing my settings.
Thank you. I will go check. I hope that takes care of it. How do I turn the radio off which comes on every time I start the car?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Thank you. I will go check. I hope that takes care of it. How do I turn the radio off which comes on every time I start the car?

I have the Infotainment package and the only way to stop the audio from coming on at startup is to shut the PCM system down prior to shutting off the ignition. This is accomplished by pushing and holding the volume control until the screen goes dark.

Another item which should have been user programmable, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
If auto memory is active, it should remember every setting ... including all the settings in the sounds system. You turn the radio off by holding the volume dial in for a few seconds.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Infotainment package and the only way to stop the audio from coming on at startup is to shut the PCM system down prior to shutting off the ignition. This is accomplished by pushing and holding the volume control until the screen goes dark.

Another item which should have been user programmable, IMHO.
Thanks. I wasn't doing that. It is startling when the radio comes on with the ignition. I don't have the navigation but I will try it. Or resign myself to turning off the radio every time I start the car.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It may have something to do with saving the settings to the key.

I'm still having issues adjusting & saving as well. FOr me the thing I'm never sure if it's working or not is the easy entry feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts