Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So guys you know a couple weeks ago I installed the APE exhaust in the Cayman S. Before I installed it I had the check engine light on so I took the car to the dealer here in Puerto Rico. They told me it was an O2 sensor so they changed it unde warranty. The thing is on my way back home the light came on again. Do I need a software upgrade to fix this or is it the O2 sensor again ? Anyone with this same problem ?

Thanks,
Ricky

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Then you need to have your codes read out (you can do so with an OBDII code reader from most auto parts stores or a sears store) and then see what those codes are. If you didn't touch the factory exhaust manifolds then no you don't need to reprogram your ECU or anything you need to find out what the problem is and get it fixed under warranty if possible, a catback exhaust system won't trip a cel (check engine light) because it comes after the manifolds with the O2 sensors. Without knowing your error code stored by the ECU we have no way of knowing what the problem is, heck your gas cap being loose would cause a code... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.