Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nope, it isn't in the shop and nothing's wrong with it. It's just that I moved jobs and I'm now a 10 minute walk from my home. This is a bad thing. I use to loved commuting! I commuted against the rush hour traffic coming in so it wasn't slow. It was about 25 minutes in the car each way and it helped me wind down. Now I'm paying about $1K a month in lease payments only to have my car sit underground all week unused. I estimate I'll save about $200 a month in gas, but still... oh well, I guess I can still go for drives on weekends. Maybe I'll appreciate it even more. I don't even really need a car anymore since all my friends live downtown, there's a grocery store right across the street and we have pretty decent public transit. Anyway...... just wanted to vent.

I miss my Cayman. :(

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
I certainty didn't buy my Cayman S as a daily driver, I have one of those to kick around in. Mine only gets driven mainly on the weekend & maybe twice a week to work if the weathers fine. I like bretster's suggestion.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Four days?!?!?! Is that all?!? Its been a fr*** month. Work is getting in the way! These remote locations are really cramping my driving! ;)

Where the heck is summer anyway???

·
Registered
47 Posts
don't feel so bad. i walk past my boxster which has been hibernating for over two months now. hopefully it'll only be another 6 weeks of waiting!

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
My supercharged S2000 sits n the garage for weeks at a time while I drive the CS to work and the truck up to the ski lodge each week. However when I do get to drive the S2K (like today), I remember how special it is. I bet the same will be for you with the Cayman.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Ya, know the feeling.

If you want something REALLY weird..... drive a rented minivan for almost
4000 miles and more than 2 weeks between Cayman drives.

The Cayman feels very visceral and immediate when you first drive it again.
Like it has no suspension, infinite power, infinite steering capability and
infinite braking capability.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My supercharged S2000 sits n the garage for weeks at a time while I drive the CS to work and the truck up to the ski lodge each week. However when I do get to drive the S2K (like today), I remember how special it is. I bet the same will be for you with the Cayman.
Hey gomarlins3 do you live near Schweitzer Mountain? We go there every year and have a blast; will be flying there in 2 weeks.

I finally got my CS out this past weekend, we had a bit of a warm up but before that I had not driven it for 6 weeks. Its amazing how you forget how great that thing drives (my winter beater is a Mazda 6). I can't wait until spring when I can make her my DD again and put the Mazda on the battery tender. I love that car!!!!!

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Hey gomarlins3 do you live near Schweitzer Mountain? We go there every year and have a blast; will be flying there in 2 weeks.
No, that resort is near Sandpoint up North. Kuna is near Boise down South. Have a good time though, I hear it is beautiful up there this time of year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts