Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On driving home today, i drove over a stretch of road which was being worked on and the road had a raised section very much like a curb. Needless to say i hit it head on quite hard as i didn't spot any warning signs nearby.

I couldn't see any obvious damage and nor can i feel severe shaking in the steering wheel. My question is, what could i have damaged and what checks can i do myself?

cheers

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Sounds like you may have gotten away with one with no problems! Here are some things I would check.

• Take the front wheels off and make sure there are no bubbles on the sidewalls of the tires.
  • Eyeball the rim to make sure nothing is bent.
  • Look under the car to make sure none of the panels have been damaged or torn off.
  • Keep a careful eye on the tire pressures for the next few days and make sure the steering feels fine at various speeds.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Pete,

your suggestions make absolute sense, i'll defo check everything properly. Thanks.
i guess i'm more worried because i have 19"s on the front with 35 profile tyres and the car is lowered by 30mm to. :( Hopefully everything is fine.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
You're welcome. The 19" use such low profile tires, that's why I skipped them due to the road conditions in the New York City area.

With the wheels off, look carefully at the sidewalls for any signs of stress or cracking on the rubber.

When looking under the car, do it from the front or side, do not get under it unless you put the thing up on jackstands.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i had something similar only with a POT hole, it tore a plastic wheel arch liner, and scratched off the anti rust coating on the base.

within two days it showed signs of oxidization, so i would recommand using the appropriate foam spray to cover it up again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.