Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Headed to AUS with the wifey for 2 weeks...

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  4by4 
#1 ·
my wife and I are going to Australia for two weeks starting the first week of January. We will be in the Adelaide wine region for a few days, in Sydney for five days, and the rest of the time up north in Cairns and Green Island doing great barrier reef stuff:banana:

so if anyone is from Adelaide, feel free to suggest specific wineries or restaurants not to miss. Similar request for Sydney, feel free to suggest any restaurants/nightspots and day outings that should be missed while we are there. we will surely hit bondai and Manly Beach, go to the zoo, etc. I am very excited; I have not taken a two-week vacation in about 10 years (and I'm in my early 30's...stupid work ;)). :thanks::thanks::thanks:

#2 ·
It's a very long flight that is worth it. I got to spend a couple weeks in the Sydney area myself 2 years ago and would definitely like to go back again. I can't make any recommendations but you will most certainly love this beautiful country and it's people. I sure did. Enjoy and take lots of pictures.

#3 ·
First welcome to Adelaide and South Australia the hottest and dryest state in OZ and you will be ariving mid summer (very hot):cheers: we have two wine areas first the Barossa Valley this covers a large area with lots of wineries to choose from one that we like is Saltrams Winery Barossa Valley.com.au great food, and for the wife, Maggiebeer.com.au Maggie is a well respected chef in OZ.
Mclaren Vale south of the city, our recomended winery and restaurant would be www.hoffmanwine.com.au for a long relaxing lunch.:beer:
if you need more info about anything feel free to PM me, would be pleased to help

#4 ·
This is good.
Go to Hahndorf. Its a, would you beleive, a "German" village out of town. Its really good.
You can also see wild Koalas in the gumtrees on the way back beside the road in the hills.

:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.