Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
^ Actually thank you for bringing that up since I was wondering today how does the Cayenne and Panamera perform on the track. We all have seen videos about it, but I for one never saw it personally on a track or heard someone did track his Cayenne or Panamera.

Whether the GTS or turbo, does this car perform well on the track? Doesn't it look odd? And same thing with the sedan!

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
^ Actually thank you for bringing that up since I was wondering today how does the Cayenne and Panamera perform on the track. We all have seen videos about it, but I for one never saw it personally on a track or heard someone did track his Cayenne or Panamera.

Whether the GTS or turbo, does this car perform well on the track? Doesn't it look odd? And same thing with the sedan!
They do well on a straight line (especially the turbos) , but when the twisties come , its a cumbaline until the driver allows people around them.

Cheers ;)

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
The Cayanne I have driven, is stable, solidly built, frankly possibly the best SUV built, in terms of road manners. If I had to go fast in a truck, it would be my choice. However, it is a truck. And it handles like truck. Huge difference in driving dynamics, between the Cayman and the truck.

Cheers

·
Registered
156 Posts

Having spent extensive time on the track in both the Cayenne's and Panamera's they are very capable and in fact a lot of fun. A 2011 Cayenne Turbo with PDCC and PTV Plus will hang with a staggering number of sports cars made by many other manufacturers especially with PCCB's. It was very eye opening to experience Cayenne S's and Turbo's back to back with PDCC and PTV Plus and then without.

During the training on the 2011 Cayenne model line they had Cayenne S's and Turbo's along with X5 including the X5 M (rotors failed on first day), ML500, ML55, X6, Rover Sport Supercharged, Rover HSE and the Infinit FX55 at Barber Motorsports Park outside of Birmingham. The Cayenne S and Turbo more than out shined all the others in every category from handling to acceleration, braking etc.

Given that the 300 h.p. Panamera was not initially released with the S, 4S and Turbo models they also had a Panamera grouped with the SUV's. While I prefer the S given it has 400 h.p. the Panamera was more than capable and actually alot of fun to drive on the track.

Keep in mind that Porsche is very dedicated to not losing focus on performance even in their Grand Touring and SUV models. While I would prefer to track my Carrera S any day over a Cayenne, it is nice to know Porsche's SUV's can dust a large number of sports cars.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Having spent extensive time on the track in both the Cayenne's and Panamera's they are very capable and in fact a lot of fun. A 2011 Cayenne Turbo with PDCC and PTV Plus will hang with a staggering number of sports cars made by may other manufacturers especially with PCCB's. It was very eye opening to experience Cayenne S's and Turbo's back to back with PDCC and PTV Plus and then without.

During the training on the 2011 Cayenne model line they had Cayenne S's and Turbo's along with X5's X5 M (rotors failed on first day), ML500, ML55, X6, Rover Sport Supercharged, Rover HSE and the Infinit FX55 at Barber Motorsports Park outside of Birmingham. The Cayenne S and Turbo more than out shined all the others in every category from handling to acceleration, braking etc. Given that the 300 h.p. Panamera was not initially released with the S, 4S and Turbo models they also had a Panamera grouped with the SUV's.

Example given (ie) ;)

Cheers

21 - 25 of 25 Posts