Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the low beam bulb retaining clip on the passenger side. I came across one on Pelican Parts, but it's for a 993. I was digging around to see if I could find one for a 987 with no luck, so I reached out to Pelican to see if they had one, or if Porsche even makes one. I was told, "Looking at the Factory Porsche parts diagram unfortunately they do not show the retaining clip as a separate part being sold." Does anyone know how to get one? Is there one that will work? Below is a link to the clip I came across (that doesn't fit). Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's weird. Going through the parts diagram, and just as Pelican said, there's no part number listed for the retaining clip. So, not really sure what to do. Haha. Maybe I'll try to buy the 993 version and see if I can make it work somehow. I can't believe I'm the only one that's run into this.

Oh well. Thanks, all!

Font Drawing Auto part Elbow Line art

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Caymancouver is right, my mistake.

There are many small parts in the car that are not individually called out with part numbers, they are just part of the larger assembly. Porsche would tell you to buy a new headlight. You might have luck getting a headlight from a dismantler, particularly a cheap broken one, and salvage your clip from that.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
You could pull the other headlight to see what the clip looks like and maybe something like this from Amazon would work. Or you could fashion something out of stiff wire. I had a headlight housing cover with a missing metal clip on a VW Jetta and I made a copy of the existing one using a coat hanger.

·
Administrator
1,819 Posts
I ordered a pack of miscellaneous clips from Amazon and found one that worked. Thanks, all.
Can you provide a link to the pack of clips? In Amazon there is a button you can click on to share an item, it can generate a link you could post here. This might be useful to someone else who unfortunately ends up in the same dilemma.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts