Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headliner falling down on Drivers side. Anyone else have a similar issue? Is so, what was the resolution?

Going to dealer later this week. hl.JPG

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Is that a 981??

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
That looks rather quick for a 981! Oh wells ... bring it back for warranty then, they'll get that sorted out for you.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
The only headliner problem you should have is Sinatra getting drunk in the car.

Reactions: Lime-Gold and 5audi

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Went to dealer today.....told me the headliner is alive and well.........just missing a few clips and it "should" be covered under warranty. I was also there for my annual oil change. Was quoted $390.00!!! I asked him what type of liquid gold he was using. He explained that they also check the tire pressures and clean the two drain plugs near the radiators. To make matters worse.........was promised a Cayenne or Panamera loner. Instead I got a LandRover.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Went to dealer today.....told me the headliner is alive and well.........just missing a few clips and it "should" be covered under warranty. I was also there for my annual oil change. Was quoted $390.00!!! I asked him what type of liquid gold he was using. He explained that they also check the tire pressures and clean the two drain plugs near the radiators. Too make matters worse.........was promised a Cayenne or Panamera loner. Instead I got a LandRover.
390???????
Why is there a LandRover as a loaner in a Porsche dealership??? :banana:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup $390.00...........Im looking for a thread on 981 oil change prices......I've heard north of $300.00 is pretty standard. I performed my own oil change after 1800 miles for about $100.00. Several sponsors sell the kit. Only went back to dealer to avoid a warranty issue later.
Dealer must have a Land Rover/ Jag Franchise.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Yup $390.00...........Im looking for a thread on 981 oil change prices......I've heard north of $300.00 is pretty standard. I performed my own oil change after 1800 miles for about $100.00. Several sponsors sell the kit. Only went back to dealer to avoid a warranty issue later.
Dealer must have a Land Rover/ Jag Franchise.
Got my oil/filter change and all inspections, including windshield wiper refilled for $125 OTD at a local Porsche dealership, they were running specials on service, otherwise it's about $175. I'm just blown away by how much they are charging in CA, NJ, and other places.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guess I'm paying for the "complimentary" loaner along with the repair of the headliner. Hey, at least I get to fully check out the functionality of the Land Rover.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Guess I'm paying for the "complimentary" loaner along with the repair of the headliner. Hey, at least I get to fully check out the functionality of the Land Rover.
If the repair takes too long, you might need a loaner for your loaner :hilarious:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
An oil change + minor service items you listed there (check tires, etc) cost about 500 USD from my dealer ... Yikes

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yep I researched this a lot. Dealers charge 400 for oil change. My prepaid plan makes it cost 300. Independent shops charge 200 and don't give you a rental/ coffee.

you need to take it dealer for warranty issues. Once you have a problem that warranty needs to cover, first thing they'll do is to find out reasons as to why they shouldn't cover the repair, immediately checking where you got it service... If you used an independent shop, they'll try to blame you for improper service and voiding warranty.

so yea best pay the dealer for service

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Sounds a like like my dealer (in NJ). "Should" be covered? how would it not be covered is what I am thinking.
These guys are the nicest Porsche guys on the Planet with the highest sever ice prices to match.

They tried that Landrover thing with me too.

Went to dealer today.....told me the headliner is alive and well.........just missing a few clips and it "should" be covered under warranty. I was also there for my annual oil change. Was quoted $390.00!!! I asked him what type of liquid gold he was using. He explained that they also check the tire pressures and clean the two drain plugs near the radiators. To make matters worse.........was promised a Cayenne or Panamera loner. Instead I got a LandRover.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That is a great price!
I have been changing the oils myself so far. Third oil change is probably going to be on Saturday.

Got my oil/filter change and all inspections, including windshield wiper refilled for $125 OTD at a local Porsche dealership, they were running specials on service, otherwise it's about $175. I'm just blown away by how much they are charging in CA, NJ, and other places.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts