Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's plenty of discussion on the value of properly using a data logger system to improve your driving. One metric not often integrated into that data though is heart rate. Status of the driver could arguably be at least as important, if not more important, than the status of the car.
I've seen a few higher-end data systems that have compatible heart rate sensors available, but was curious if anyone has come across one that would be compatible with an Aim SoloDL?
Prob not... but worth a shot.

Reactions: RickH

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,901 Posts
Worthy topic for discussion, IMO. As an instructor I am keenly aware of the student driver's breathing rate (I can hear it through the intercom), body posture, and general stress level. So monitoring the driver's well as the car's can be beneficial.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RickH

·
Registered
832 Posts
I could not agree with you more. I can drive very fast on a curvy mountain road and I'm fine. But put me in a situation where I am competing or at least it appears that I am competing and all of a sudden I am holding on to the wheel like my life depended on it, i.e. way to tight, and I can feel my heart rate rise! A monitor might just help me relax which is what I need to do. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.