Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have a manual drive Cayman S, do the location of the pedals allow for heel & toe shifting?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My accelerator pedal was a little low, so I screwed on a pedal plate from Rennline and it was at the perfect height. Just used the plate, without the underlying adjustable elevation part.
HTH.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think its placed at very perfect place. Very comfortable as well.
I've never had cramps.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
My accelerator pedal was a little low, so I screwed on a pedal plate from Rennline and it was at the perfect height. Just used the plate, without the underlying adjustable elevation part.
HTH.
You can also get pedal extensions from Rennline:

·
Registered
806 Posts
The stock pedals, in their stock positions, work fine for me. I have to make sure to use the very left edge of my right foot (my big toe) on the brake so that the very right edge of my right foot can blip the gas.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
As said above, there has been much discussion on this subject. I find that the spacing between the brake and accelerator is too wide (size 8 US shoe) for me so I use an extension on the accelerator. I do the "roll the foot" version of H&T.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
I was sitting in a '10 GT3 last weekend and I realized that those pedals would take some getting use to. The pedals in my S2000 are better placed for me or at least they are what I am use to.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Works for me, but might be better with a higher go pedal.

·
Registered
291 Posts
stock work great for me...

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
No problems with heel-toe'ing in the Cayman at all. You'll need to learn to roll you're foot and practice your positioning of it on the brake/accelerator.
You will find it easier in shoes with a heel under lighter braking to start with but after some practice I have no issues in my racing shoes/boots.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think the gas peddle is a bit low for street driving, though nothing that is unusable. It should be about right for racing where you'll be pushing down the brake hard before downshifting. As others have said, there are several threads asking this same question with more opinions.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
2nd what xdamage said. Not bad for street driving but easier when pressing harder on the brake pedal then the brake pedal and accelerator are a little closer in height for heel/toe.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
H/T is more difficult when driving with my PUMA Speed Cats (narrow design shoes) than regular shoes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For those of you that have a manual drive Cayman S, do the location of the pedals allow for heel & toe shifting?
Just purchased a '06 CS two weeks ago :D and while H&T was awkward at first (size 10 shoes), after a little bit of practice I can do so now without too much trouble. Still a little inconsistent with the blip because there aren't too many turns where I can do so without having to come to a complete stop.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I feel they are very good. At first thought my STI was better but after a month of practice I like the Cayman better. I find the more classic technique works better with the CS.:):)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I find the pedal spacing takes a bit of getting used to, but once past the initial familiarization period heel & toe shifting is pretty easy. It's certainly easier than the S2000. I couldn't use the rolling foot technique with the Honda. That car's pedal spacing required using heel on the gas pedal and toe on the brake.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts