Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :dance:
I got my first Porsche around a month ago. It is a CPO 2012 Cayman R, manual with bucket seats.
I waited a month to say hello, because I want to get the perfect profile picture first. That picture was taken at Laguna Seca on 5/23. I saw another green CR there, but did not get a chance to say hi.

I have a track prepared 350Z, and a daily E92 M3. One of them has to go but I am not sure which one yet. Need to figure out how to use the Cayman R first. It is a much better road car than both 350z and M3. No surprise there. The suspension is smooth than I imagined, the road noise is on par or smaller than M3, the bucket seats are comfortable. I only tracked it once at Laguna with wet surface, so did not push, and did not touch the limit of the car yet.

I am sure I will start to ask questions in this general chat forum and the competition sub forum :)

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the epic ride! Your color choice is excellent. ;)

Regarding the other rides taking up garage space, you have some choices:

1. Keep the Z as a track rat and lose the M. If you get it wrong and stuff-it there will be a lot fewer tears than losing the R.
2. Sell the Z and keep the M cause everyone needs a good dog hauler.
3. Sell both and get a pickup truck for those days when nothing else will do.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats. Excellent color choice. Looks very pristine. How many miles?

I bought mine about a year ago. I have about 10 track days.

Planning any mods?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cajundaddy, thanks for the suggestions. I am leaning towards choice #1, so that I still have a dedicated track car, and selling the M makes financial sense too. My wife knows my struggle, and offered me another option, which is to retire her daily with the M3, so that M3 can stay :) we will see...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
love the white color. It has 17k miles.
I have ordered dedicated wheels/tires (OZ and RS3), RSS LCA, and GT3 front brake ducts. I did my research on P9, LOL

Congrats. Excellent color choice. Looks very pristine. How many miles?

I bought mine about a year ago. I have about 10 track days.

Planning any mods?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.

I'm jealous that you have such a great track close by. Really enjoyed running there last yr after Porsche Parade.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congrats!! By far, the best color... Surprised she hasn't lost the yellow running lights yet. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Awesome, hope to meet you out there. I've missed the last 2 months but plan on getting back to it in July.

Rich

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Very big congrats, that is a stunning CR. Have fun with it, you're going to love the driving experience. By the way, the fourth photo in your group of pics is just awesome!

Best regards, -rick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
guys, thanks for the kind words :)
RDCR, i hope to see you on track in the future. I am sure I will be looking for CRs on the track :)

Congrats, lovely car.
Awesome, hope to meet you out there. I've missed the last 2 months but plan on getting back to it in July.
Rich
SUPER nice car
Sent from my StarTrek communicator using Tapatalk
Very big congrats, that is a stunning CR. Have fun with it, you're going to love the driving experience. By the way, the fourth photo in your group of pics is just awesome!
Best regards, -rick.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts