Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am a proud new owner of Cayman. My car is a 07 Cayman S with tips with low mileage (<4K) when I bought it 3 months ago. It was originally registered in Texas. Found it online at Autotrader.com and I decided to take it. Through my friends help I have it imported to Taiwan (not Thailand :)) and fortunately it passes all the regulatory tests. It is 20% cheaper compared to a local used car dealer;s offering FYI. Car is in immaculate condition inside out. Absolutely love it. Guess I was lucky.
First mod I did is the grille install. Think I should be the 1st one in TWN to do this. Went to a local shop to fit it for me. We decided to install the center one from inside so I don’t have to drill my bumper. Looks and works great!
I am thinking to lower my car. But the potential scracthing of the bumper going in and out of basement keeps me hesitant.
One question for you veterans, I found the seating position is so low, that coins in my pocket tend to slide out. Because the gap between the seat and center console is so narrow, I have a hard time getting those coins out using tweezers. Any better idea?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Congrats! Great car, great color and what sounds like a great deal. Sorry no advice here regarding the retrieval of your change. Please post a picture of the front of your car so I can get a good look at the grilles installed. I'm deciding between silver and black on an AS CS with 19" Carrera Sport wheels

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Good looking car! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine. It sounds like you got a great deal.

Those are not quarters!

·
Registered
882 Posts
congrats and enjoy the new ride
Welcome. May I suggest you really study the owner's manual. Lots of nifty features therein. I kept finding new features with my 2nd and 3rd readings of the manual. Wonderful car. Drive safe. I have the black radiator grills and love the look and it keep leaves and debris out of the radiators. Ed

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Simple, don't carry change.
Too bad my Cayman S is my DD. I need changes for parking. So that does not work for me.

Congratulation and a good looking car. Please post a picture of your entire car so we can see how those grill look.
Posted a dead front look. Let me know if you need other angles.

Congrat! Nice Cayman. Smart way to beat the dealer's prices. Welcome to the CaymanClub!
I had to. The local Cayman S (base, zero options) costs $110K.

Welcome. May I suggest you really study the owner's manual. Ed
Ed, I must express my appreciation toward your suggestion. I even printed out your abstract posted a couple months ago. It is very useful.
:thanks:
Everytime I start the engine, smile is like flower blossom in my heart. Every turn to I try to push further to its limit, the Cayman is like an old maestro telling me, "boy, you aint see nothing yet", with a grin.
BTW, the 3rd photo is a local car beauty shop at work. Very detailed efforts, tooke them 14 hrs with 2 men.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No. They are Victor Equipment. Not my choice, I bought they as are. But they do look bad ***! Thats why I need to lower down my car's stance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts