Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just a quick one to say hello.

I'm based in Teesside and have had my daily driver 2010 987.2 Cayman 2.9 for about 2 1/2 years now. It was a lifelong ambition to own a Porsche, realised just as I turned 50 at the end of 2019. Best car I've ever owned :)

She's done just under 104k as I write and I've put on 18k trouble free miles myself in that time, travelling up to Edinburgh on a few occasions (daughter), East Anglia (friend), from south to north Wales (boys car trip), Brighton (holiday), and most recently down to Cornwall for a nice break with Mrs. P.

I'd considered a 997 for a while, but after speaking to a couple of owners of both those and the Cayman/Boxster, it seemed that the Cayman would fit what I needed much better with it's phenomenal luggage capacity and practicality.

Here's a little pic of her visiting Dracula's old place.

Cheers,
Ian.

Wheel Tire Cloud Car Vehicle

·
Administrator
1,509 Posts
Wonderful photo and great color - and you can't imagine how happy I am to see "987.2 Cayman 2.9" rather than the degrading term "base".. (y)

Is it PDK or manual?

Reactions: IanDP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wonderful photo and great color - and you can't imagine how happy I am to see "987.2 Cayman 2.9" rather than the degrading term "base".. (y)

Is it PDK or manual?
Hi! It's a 6 speed manual. Personally, I much prefer that for the kind of car it is. I've had auto cars before (Jag S-Type traditional auto & Golf R-Line DSG) and they were good for those kind of cars, but yeah, I'm a bit old school when it comes to sports car gearboxes. Granted you can shift more quickly in a PDK, and if I was bothered about absolute 0-60 times I may have sought a PDK, I guess for me though it's all about the involvement of stirring the stick myself.

It also has PASM suspension which is great when pushing on through the twisties as well as giving a lovely ride through town and on motorways too.

In the real world on those twisty country lanes it will still keep up with most things way more expensive and powerful. Some friends have had 488, 720S, 570S, 911GTS on some of the road trips I've been on and the little Cayman just grips and goes like a terrier, with that glorious flat six soundtrack to accompany me. 😊

I've not driven anything that gives as big a grin for the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts