Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! My name is Moe, from Dallas, Texas. I just bought my first Porsche last week, a silver 2007 Cayman S. The previous owner had done some cosmetic modifications that I'm not a fan of, so I'll be working on returning it to stock.

So far I'll be removing the Spyder headlights and taillights, as well as the Avant Garde Ruger Mesh wheels he installed. The stock headlights, taillights, and Carrera Classic wheels were included in the purchase, so they're going back on the car in the next couple weeks!

there's a few other small items that need to be addressed, but I'm looking forward to it being my fun weekend toy for the next few years.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator
1,646 Posts
Very nice, and I'm a fan of looking "stock" - although with me that sometimes is interpreted as "if it was done differently on the same model, hey - it's still stock looking if I do it on mine" - which explains the body-color interior trim (design edition), the dual exhaust tips (S model) and a few other little things I can't recall right at the moment. To know that mine didn't come that way you'd actually have to have the build sheet in front of you since those items were options that could be selected when the car was ordered.

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and non-RS 2010 GT3
1,728 Posts
Very nice, and I'm a fan of looking "stock" - although with me that sometimes is interpreted as "if it was done differently on the same model, hey - it's still stock looking if I do it on mine" - which explains the body-color interior trim (design edition), the dual exhaust tips (S model) and a few other little things I can't recall right at the moment. To know that mine didn't come that way you'd actually have to have the build sheet in front of you since those items were options that could be selected when the car was ordered.
Stock… mine certainly isn’t stock but changing up certain things without altering the cars history isn’t always a bad thing either (in other words it can be changed to stock)
Black wheels, not my thing. I can’t spend 5k and have to get 3” away to see if there wheels or covers.. I do still like black center with polished lip.. that’s okay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm the same. I want my cars to look OEM+, but not significantly modified.

·
Registered
2014 Boxster S, Racing Yellow
905 Posts
I see you bought it at RAC. I recognize the building. I'm a DFW guy as well.

If you've not already, join Maverick PCA. Lots of great folks there with tons of knowledge to share. We're one of the more active PCA groups in the country. Plenty of events from rally's, cars and coffee, autoX, track days, happy hours, you name it, there's probably something going on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see you bought it at RAC. I recognize the building. I'm a DFW guy as well.

If you've not already, join Maverick PCA. Lots of great folks there with tons of knowledge to share. We're one of the more active PCA groups in the country. Plenty of events from rally's, cars and coffee, autoX, track days, happy hours, you name it, there's probably something going on.
Yep, its currently at RAC to get the steering rack replaced. The previous owner had it there for an exhaust replacement during the purchase process so I had them do the PPI.

I should have it home this week!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all! My name is Moe, from Dallas, Texas. I just bought my first Porsche last week, a silver 2007 Cayman S. The previous owner had done some cosmetic modifications that I'm not a fan of, so I'll be working on returning it to stock.

So far I'll be removing the Spyder headlights and taillights, as well as the Avant Garde Ruger Mesh wheels he installed. The stock headlights, taillights, and Carrera Classic wheels were included in the purchase, so they're going back on the car in the next couple weeks!

there's a few other small items that need to be addressed, but I'm looking forward to it being my fun weekend toy for the next few years.

View attachment 282641

View attachment 282641
Hi Moe - Welcome to Porsche World! I also have a 2007 Porsche Cayman S which I left stock. You will love the car and smile each time you take your car out! Most important thing is to find a reliable good independent mechanic that specializes in Porsches (not just European Cars)!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You are going to enjoy this car. Please be active on this web site with your Porsche journey. The ups and downs that you experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts

View attachment 282641
Nice car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts