Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my cayman s less than three weeks ago and have managed to drive the car for over 1500 km so far. I was annoyed however by the constant alarm sound once I hit 120 km/hr. Today I paid a visit to the dealership in Al-Ain and got it disabled :) It took them like 10 minutes to get it done and reprogram the car. So far the car is nothing short of a joy to drive. Trying to stick to the instructions in the manual, I have not pushed the car to the limit yet and hardly driving at relatively high speed before the engine is warm. I did push it to 200 km/hr few times.
Enjoy the Eid Holiday and the national holiday (UAE).
:thanks:

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
CONGRATULATION Buddy..!!! Any plans to drive and visit me in Hail? ;)

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
10 minutes? Should have taken them 1. Heck, I figured it out in less time than they did.

Congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10 minutes? Should have taken them 1. Heck, I figured it out in less time than they did.

Congrats on the new car.
I guess you are confusing two alarms here; the one they get disabled can not be done with hooking the car to cables, computers, etc.; reprogramming the entire car computer with a lot data entries as
I was there watching the entire process. The one you are referring too is the one that can be done by the driver anytime and that does not take than 20 seconds max. as described in the car manual. Trust me I did try that before going to the dealership. After all, I know how to read and write :hilarious:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm very disappointed

I still haven't seen any pictures.....
You will see some pics; I promise once I take some. :) I am not into taking pictures which is something I do not like about myself and will be working on soon. Yesterday I passed the 1700 km mark and pushed the car passed 220 km/hr; driving around midnight on the free way with very much an empty road and for sure not racing anyone;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts