Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The side bolsters of my seats are starting to discolor, probably from when I get in/out with darker pants and my jacket. I haven't had the car very long, so if it has discolored this much in a few months, I'd hate to see it in a few years. Any suggestions to help remedy the problem and then seal the interior so it doesn't continue? I've heard this is an issue with the lighter colored interiors, but I suppose I'd hoped this would be "dark enough". Guess not -- worse, since I often wear blue jeans, the blue and orange are pretty starkly contrasting. Funny, that's the reason I picked it to go with my dark blue exterior, but it doesn't exactly work when it looks like it's being wiped on the edge of the seat, lol.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
850 Posts
Leather master cleaners are very popular. Have not tried them yet, as I have black interior on my other cars, still waiting for delivery of my CS. Can you post pix? Thanks...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The weather is quite poor, so I'll see if I can get some pictures that show the affected areas well in my garage when I get home.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This is the best I could do, not a great picture, but the haze of the blueish dye is visible.

This is the seat-back bolster:
IMAG0202.jpg
And the seat itself:
IMAG0203.jpg

edit: I don't know why the seat-back looks blue, too...it is actually more grey/black, probably from my peacoat.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Yep, stuff happens. My wife did that to her Ivory leather drivers seat inher Lexus by wearing new jeans all the time in both sweaty and wet weather. She likes fancy new jeans. I took it to a really good detailer here, and the seats looked brand new when I picked it up. I have no idea what they did to the leather, but traded it the next day for another Lexus. The dealer raved about the car's beautiful condx, and it was listed for sale as a CPO 2 days later. He also had no idea of the side of the car that a doe ran into, denting both doors badly. A dent artist fixed both doors for $600 and I was smart enough not to turn in an insurance claim with my $500 deductible. Both pros did great work. But I digress... the moral of my story is that you are sometimes better off leaving these kinds of things to really good professionals.

·
Registered
850 Posts
The second pix issue you should be able to fix with leather master
For the first issue regarding to have detailer fix

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ugh -- yeah, I guess I'll have to go to a detailer and hopefully they'll fix it and then condition it well enough that it doesn't continue to be an issue. The frustrating thing is that I've had this car for less than six months and it's worse than my wife's Q5 leather which is three years older, sat in more, lighter in color, and has hardly a dye transfer stain on it. It's not like we wear different clothes in the two cars, lol. Grrr! Oh well, I have to get the paint protection film installed, too...so, maybe I'll kill two birds with one stone (and probably large check).

·
Registered
302 Posts
Leather Masters products from AutoGeek.net will take care of your problem in very short order.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We've got the same interior. Our detailer recommended an interior leather sealant to help stop this. They say they see this kind of transfer on all marks with light interiors. They say they can clean it later, but the labor is more than the coating. Any GOOD detail shop should be able to remove this transfer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts